New Russian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wirick27

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
I adopted a russian on sunday, he is full grown age unknown. So far he won't eat, I've only had baby hermanns up till now which have always eaten. Is this normal? will he be ok? he's in his own enclosure which i'm keeping about 75...with 90 under his light (which he doesn't use since he just hides in his log and won't come out). I have tried lilac blossoms, dandilions, romain & red leaf lettuce....any ideas?

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
It sounds like he is stressed from the move. Keep doing what you are doing and try to leave him alone as much as possible. A daily soak wouldn't hurt.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
He is probably just getting adjusted to his new home try giving him a warm soak then see if he want to eat :)

Wirick27

5 Year Member
California
I did the soak the night I brought home( Sunday night) but will do another today.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Good Luck and Congrats on your new Tort. Hope he eats soon, as I know this will be a great stress relief for you.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Tt can take a while before the Russian adapts to his new surroundings. I had a friend that purchased a Russian, it took almost a week before she ate anything. Don't worry I'm sure he'll come around.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
My Russians took a few days to acclimate, and then they ate like champions. Just keep using good tortoise husbandry techniques, and he should become more confident soon.

October

5 Year Member
San Tan Valley, Arizona
FernandoM said:
Tt can take a while before the Russian adapts to his new surroundings. I had a friend that purchased a Russian, it took almost a week before she ate anything. Don't worry I'm sure he'll come around.

Same here. Took about a week or so before she was even willing to move out of her hidey spot.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
It can take awhile to readjust to the new home, So no worries yet, but you can try hibiscus flowers, my russians love them and go bonkers for them.

gmayor

5 Year Member
Whittier, CA.
pretty much like everyone said just wait she will eat. I think my female didnt eat for like 12 days after i had gotten her which really scared me, but now she doesnt stop eating lol... so he will come around :D

Status
Not open for further replies.