Humidity problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Lop

5 Year Member
I'm getting a baby Russian soon, and hive his air humidity at about 40-60 during the day with his hides about 75-80. Is this too high? Also at night the air humidity can get up to 75% so I would guess the hides would rise to about 90 or so:( (haven't measured yet.) So is this too high or is this perfectly fine? If it's too high what can I do to lower the humidity so he doesn't get a RI, thanks for any ideas.

D-Lop

5 Year Member
Anyone else? Im gonna need a fix fast, one of the hides got up to 100 percent at night:(

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
Give us more ideas about what kind of enclosure you are using: tortoise table? what is it made of?
What is the size?
What substrate?
Does it have a lid?
What kind of lighting?

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Palmdale CA
lynnedit said:
Give us more ideas about what kind of enclosure you are using: tortoise table? what is it made of?
What is the size?
What substrate?
Does it have a lid?
What kind of lighting?

Yes. These are key. :)

Raffiel the RT

5 Year Member
That's way to high. Too much humidity could cause the shell to mold, rot, and even get soft. Be careful maybe put a heater close to it so it'll air it out.

D-Lop

5 Year Member
Sorry for not being specific, I have a 6x3 open top wood tort table lined with waterproof plastic sheet. I am using about 70/30 coco coir playsand mix. I have about 94 degress under the basking light, 85-83 around the middle part, and two hides with temps of 70, plus the areas near the wall have temps of about 75. At night it gets 60, I bought a nighttime light so I'll try to raise it to 65 or so. I have sprinked some more sand under the hides and that's helped a bit, I also leave my door open during night. Any other suggestions? Keep in mind I have cats so I can only leave the door open a crack and barricade it shut :p

Status
Not open for further replies.