New property on the Imperial River

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Have you posted any signs that mention the watch dogs, beware of dogs, dogs will bite, German Shepherds patrol property..etc?

I wonder if people would still ignore the no tresspassing signs if they knew a dog could be near.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I think once you start building and there is a bunch more activity they will probably move on. I'm sure you will always have some. Perfect place for them, secluded, water, coverage. But they aren't going to like all the invading.

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Northern California
Are you planing to use the same chain link and wood pen construction here? I know you have talked about a block wall around the place but was not sure it that means block wall pens

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
~ The last few days i have been digging out and cutting up old downed trees that were in the rivers flow way. They have been dead and downed for many years based on how deep they were impacted in the dirt and the overgrowth that was around them. I generally try and go over in the evenings from 6:30pm to 8:30pm when the sun is not so brutal and the rain schedule allows. One thing i can say is that hard work keeps me strong and alert since retirement. Many of the neighbors comment how unbelievable the property looks after i have cleaned it up. Always see wildlife, canoe people and lately many rafters because of the rain water flow out into the gulf.

IMG_5327.JPG IMG_5320.JPG IMG_4748.JPG IMG_5319.JPG IMG_5366.JPG IMG_5388.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Have you posted any signs that mention the watch dogs, beware of dogs, dogs will bite, German Shepherds patrol property..etc?

I wonder if people would still ignore the no tresspassing signs if they knew a dog could be near.
And then buy one of those motion sensor dog barking thingeys.

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Northern California
~ The last few days i have been digging out and cutting up old downed trees that were in the rivers flow way. They have been dead and downed for many years based on how deep they were impacted in the dirt and the overgrowth that was around them. I generally try and go over in the evenings from 6:30pm to 8:30pm when the sun is not so brutal and the rain schedule allows. One thing i can say is that hard work keeps me strong and alert since retirement. Many of the neighbors comment how unbelievable the property looks after i have cleaned it up. Always see wildlife, canoe people and lately many rafters because of the rain water flow out into the gulf.

View attachment 246305 View attachment 246307 View attachment 246308 View attachment 246309 View attachment 246310 View attachment 246311
I can just not get over how beautiful it is!!