A little laugh...

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
I live in a manufactured housing with good and bad involved...I am up to here...with dog walkers. I have a triangle piece of property right on the road...so I may be pulling weeds one day and here's a smear of crap I almost grabbed. So I don't give a "crap" that you pick up the turds, but you leave a smear...and how do you pick up the ****??? So how about my husband pees on YOUR yard? What's the difference??? Yep...I'm irritated...but check this out...I put up a sign on that piece of property reading...please no more dog waste!!! On the second day I saw it was laying down...so I went out to put it back up and this is what I saw...I just really had to laugh...DSCN1867.JPG
and I had a serious laugh....it IS funny...

Attachments

• DSCN1866.JPG
    DSCN1866.JPG
    976.9 KB · Views: 4

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Lol, I would then write back, let your dog do his/her business on your own yard!
When my dog does a softer poop, I pull the grass/weeds along with the poop.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Serious consideration is called for here, when you're dealing with other people's dog's 💩. You have to try to stay calm and focused. When gentle, polite signs and communication has failed, it's time for digging into it and facing the enemy full on. We look forward to a massive show of strength and courage in the face of all this 💩.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Serious consideration is called for here, when you're dealing with other people's dog's 💩. You have to try to stay calm and focused. When gentle, polite signs and communication has failed, it's time for digging into it and facing the enemy full on. We look forward to a massive show of strength and courage in the face of all this 💩.
Are you suggesting that paper bags and a lighter might be in order here? :p

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Digging into it and facing the enemy lol. The dog, the poop or the owner? Lmao

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
She's upset with dog owners who allow their dogs to poo in her yard, pick up the pile, but leave " skid mark" residue on her grass. That's about as gentle as I can describe it. lol
I get that part, but why was the dog owner's response note funny?

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
OK, folks, I have been on the dog owner's side of this predicament more times than I can count. I carry my little blue baggies with me and pick up what is easy to pick up. I think we're all in agreement up to now. So here's where it gets more difficult.

My dog shared my chili for lunch, and a portion of what is deposited is a glob of...let's just say, impossible to pick up with a bag. So I look through my pockets and backpack for a solution...🖊️no; 🗒️no; 🔑no; 🎾 no; 🍬no; 🔦well, maybe; 🗡️ definite possibility. So I use the 🗡️and try to cut the grass under the glob, but in the process a chunk of turf comes up...now I have a sizeable divot! OMG! A divot in the perfectly manicured landscaping! I guess I should have used 🧻and 🪣but I don't carry them with me on a walk. This would have helped 🔫. Maybe I'll get one. Then if I'm seen, he 👮‍♂️ may get called, and my life is over ⚰️ because of a glob. 🧓

So, oh trusted group of advisors...what is the proper, polite, neighborly, non-attention getting, legal solution? Please, do tell!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
OK, folks, I have been on the dog owner's side of this predicament more times than I can count. I carry my little blue baggies with me and pick up what is easy to pick up. I think we're all in agreement up to now. So here's where it gets more difficult.

My dog shared my chili for lunch, and a portion of what is deposited is a glob of...let's just say, impossible to pick up with a bag. So I look through my pockets and backpack for a solution...🖊️no; 🗒️no; 🔑no; 🎾 no; 🍬no; 🔦well, maybe; 🗡️ definite possibility. So I use the 🗡️and try to cut the grass under the glob, but in the process a chunk of turf comes up...now I have a sizeable divot! OMG! A divot in the perfectly manicured landscaping! I guess I should have used 🧻and 🪣but I don't carry them with me on a walk. This would have helped 🔫. Maybe I'll get one. Then if I'm seen, he 👮‍♂️ may get called, and my life is over ⚰️ because of a glob. 🧓

So, oh trusted group of advisors...what is the proper, polite, neighborly, non-attention getting, legal solution? Please, do tell!
I’d turn the piece of turf upside down. Sure it’s unsightly for a while b it works itself out. If discovered, I’d say cats bury their turds.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA

My solution and one I always used when walking my dog, is to not let them potty on people's lawns. Public property is for that not private. Still need to pick up the poop, but if a bit of grass comes with it, not as big of a deal.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
My solution and one I always used when walking my dog, is to not let them potty on people's lawns. Public property is for that not private. Still need to pick up the poop, but if a bit of grass comes with it, not as big of a deal.
I make mine go in the burm between the sidewalk and street. Technically city-owned.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh heck yeah
Under the dogs bum if the owner tries. I have a develomentally disabled brother that will step in it and track your dogs poop through my home so no. I'm elderly and I don't think I should have to clean up after YOUR dogs. I'll even give you bags and I have confronted people with a few so they could pick it up their self. So much for me being nice 😉