Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
Excellent, A-man!

DesertGrandma said:
Very nice, but 'ALLIGATORS' not so much, LOL.

Alligators have their charms, too...

a-pet-alligator-0.jpg

In some places, they're the new Family Dog... ;)

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Nay said:
Are you kidding me??? Is he actually tame??

American alligators, if you raise one from a youngster, can become extremely tame and docile, but keeping one well fed is a really good idea, too.

Caimans, which are what you're more likely to find in a petshop, rarely get tame, though. Crocodiles, same thing, I've heard (never kept a croc, so no 1st hand experience).

Somewhere I've got a pic of the gator I used to have, "Wally"...if I can find it, I'll put it up.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Amazing Greg...looks like you will have room to expand your operations. If you ever want to get some leopards...come see me ;)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
gators and flooding..
how do you pack them up? crane? ramp onto a mack truck?
keep your other property?
very pretty

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Nay said:
Do you train your torts to walk up into a horse trailer for transport??
What a beautiful spot, is there a house on it? or would you be starting from total scratch?

Easy to trasnsport, horse trailor and carrots. There is a old house, it will be torn down and we would rebuild one that suites our interest, it would include a temp controlled incubator room and temp controlled shelters for the monsters, lol. If they take my offer, the 4 acres on the river is the main interest, everything else will be one heck of a project!

Neal said:
Amazing Greg...looks like you will have room to expand your operations. If you ever want to get some leopards...come see me ;)

Yes, now that I am retired I can dedicate the time and resources to expand, at many levels, lol....Plenty of room for additional projects/programs.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Simply gorgeous. I love it. SOOOOO different than here.

And Terry you are right. Caimans and crocs are NASTY!!! Most gators are pretty docile, but we pick the meanest ones because they are best for film. Nobody wants an alligator to just sit there in their movie. They want to see them doing aggressive stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.