New pet

Crystallynda

Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas
Hello, someone surrounded their bearded dragon to me..for someone who has had one in the past..I need some some major guidance so I don’t make the same mistakes again!!

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Suggestions on nail regrowth? He’s missing 3 in his hind legs! Suggestions on lighting and enclosure decorations?? Make hit real homie for the baby!! I would greatly appreciate it any good guidance!!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I don't know much of anything about beardies, but I would certainly say he is friendly and outgoing!
I've heard of folks keeping one in a 40g breeder tank, but I honestly don't know if that is good housing or not.
Enjoy the prep, and enjoy the beardie.

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
If someone can direct me to the right person to talk to it would be greatly appreciated! ☺️☺️

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Ive had many beardies and you will be surprised how much food they can consume for their size. Are u sure its the nails missing and not part of the toes?

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
40 gallon would be the very minimum with some outside of cage time. I prefer at least 4x2

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Ive had many beardies and you will be surprised how much food they can consume for their size. Are u sure its the nails missing and not part of the toes?
Yes they are missing! I have had 2 bearded dragons in the past and both hind legs had nails lol
I think it’s from neglect and from jumping from his neat in his enclosure!!
I just wanna be sure I don’t make the same mistakes I did in the past!!?

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
So update, found out beardie is a girl and the sand mat caused the damage in hind legs! I took her to the vet and they told me what to change and gave me medicine for her respiratory infection that I suspected she had! ??

she’s doing better! The the process of looking for a bigger tank!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So update, found out beardie is a girl and the sand mat caused the damage in hind legs! I took her to the vet and they told me what to change and gave me medicine for her respiratory infection that I suspected she had! ??

she’s doing better! The the process of looking for a bigger tank!
One requirement is high levels of UV. Use an Arcadia 12% HO tube. Mount it about 18 inches above the lizard. Have it on for 6-8 hours mid day, in addition to a large basking area. If you can make a safe, escape proof, semi shady enclosure outside where the lizard won't over heat, sunshine is very good for them. You can also put them on a reptile harness and sit out there with them if you prefer. Also be sure to use a good calcium supplement. I prefer Rep-Cal. Roaches are better for them than crickets. Variety is good.

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
I have her under a long UVB bulb and her basking is in the corner! I do take her outside occasionally to get some sun! I have to put her on a lease because she likes to run lol! Products are zoo med only! I have two kinds of calcium and even vitamins!
I’m considering getting a larger tank where she can room around much better and be able to put something where she can hide in! Any recommendations? I been looking at second hand also to save some money!

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
She is not interested in crickets ha! I been giving warms just because she wasn’t eating and she was a rescue! Her diet was poor! I’m gonna get her some roaches or something next! ??

she also had follicles that needed to be observed so I made her a nest! So far she’s been getting lots of greens too in her diet including other stuff too in the mix! So what close to what I feed coco minus a couple things!