new indoor enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Well I moved everything and now the pics are gone - Josh can I put them back in?? ANyways it is done other then me hanging the lights which I will do eventually. Here you go...

This is the top one, I actually have changed it so I will take new pics..I had to put a divider down the middle since rockie came to us.
0310081215a.jpg

The russians pen - Just until they go outside
0310081214a.jpg

The total thing
0310081214.jpg

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
That came out totally fantastic.

One question... How do you keep them in (from the last picture)?

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
jen, send me the links to the photos in the order you want them, and ill fix it up

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Ed: ? I don't have a problem with anyone climbing out yet. I put the russians on the bottom in case they decided to climb out, in the middle I had crush - sulcata in, but I got a new boxie so I put him and his tote in there, once he starts eating, I will take him out of the tote, but right now I want a lid over him for humidity and easier to find. The top has a divider down the middle and my two sulcatas are up there and I have had no problems so far with any of them climbing out.

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
It was a joke silly... the last picture was posted sideways.

Your setup is fantastic. I really liked it with the stain.

jenrell23 said:
Ed: ? I don't have a problem with anyone climbing out yet. I put the russians on the bottom in case they decided to climb out, in the middle I had crush - sulcata in, but I got a new boxie so I put him and his tote in there, once he starts eating, I will take him out of the tote, but right now I want a lid over him for humidity and easier to find. The top has a divider down the middle and my two sulcatas are up there and I have had no problems so far with any of them climbing out.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
LOL - that was pretty funny! Jen that looks great! Job well done.

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
on the bedding... can you get aspen bedding. Ihate the big flaked stuff but will use the same if I can't find the aspen bedding.

jenrell23 said:
LOL Duh on me, that one flew right by. :)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Jen the new pens look great. I too like the idea of going up, not out. and ED I must admit that was a good one:D

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
I gotta warped sense of humor that not many get...

Crazy1 said:
Jen the new pens look great. I too like the idea of going up, not out. and ED I must admit that was a good one:D

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
The aspen I have now came from petsmart so the flakes are bigger, but the torts don't mind it. Petco sell aspen and those are smaller pieces. I thought about calling some of the shavings companies around here and asking them if the have aspen, usually they have really tiny pieces.

Thanks everyone for your comments...

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
The Aspen I use is produced by Harlan Teklad. It is only sold iin bulk... by the pallet.

If you are near a large metropolatan area you might be able to find it in your area... I can't find it around Atlanta. I love the stuff for snakes, lizards and tortoises.

jenrell23 said:
The aspen I have now came from petsmart so the flakes are bigger, but the torts don't mind it. Petco sell aspen and those are smaller pieces. I thought about calling some of the shavings companies around here and asking them if the have aspen, usually they have really tiny pieces.

Thanks everyone for your comments...

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Thanks, I saved it in my favs so I have it for the future.

Dreamer

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WOW! Jen great job! I'm just wonderin how tall ya are?LOL I was showing it to my hubby
& he just chuckled & said I'd need a stool to take care of turtles in top box! hehehe
I'm 4 ft. 11&3/4 ins. tall.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Dreamer said:
WOW! Jen great job! I'm just wonderin how tall ya are?LOL I was showing it to my hubby
& he just chuckled & said I'd need a stool to take care of turtles in top box! hehehe
I'm 4 ft. 11&3/4 ins. tall.

I am 6' and I still need a stool to get into the top box. I can look over, but not reach in.

Dreamer

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I noticed the stool in the second set of pics! What are you going to do about cleaning
& reaching th torts?

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
When I stand on the stool I can get in and clean and what not. But I am going to buy a little step ladder that way I can slide it underneath and it won't be seen. I love this setup, so much easier and everyone is all together (kinda)

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Yep, I think I'm going to try to make a smaller version of this for hatchlings! It's VERY cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.