New Hermann's Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haley J.

5 Year Member
Hello everyone :D After researching tortoises on this forum, I finally got my tort hatchling, Charlie (or Charlotte), and decided to make an account here to keep him in the best health possible. He's very active and loves eating. I think I've got everything right so far, just have to find a market that sells weeds. One thing though, I can't tell if he's pooping, I'm not sure if they're just too small for me to see or if he's eating it or something. :(

Attachments

• Charlie.jpg
    Charlie.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 44
  • Charlie\'s habitat.jpg
    Charlie\'s habitat.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 46

mctlong

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF Valley, SoCal
Welcome to the forum!

Hatchling poop is small and sometimes blends into the substrate making it hard to see. They will also eat it on occasion which is perfectly normal.

ColinF87

5 Year Member
Edinburgh, Scotland
Welcome! Don't worry about not seeing any poop, just wait until you pick him up while you're wearing something white ;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Haley.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Welcome hayley as soon as you give it a bath you will see poo and enjoy your little guy

MotherOfPearl

5 Year Member
western North Carolina
Omg I'm a brand new Hermie hatchling mommy as well and my name is Hayley AND I was concerned because I haven't seen Pearl poop yet and I've had her since Tuesday (today is Sat)! I soak her daily in warm water and her appetite is great, but still no droppings (as far as I can tell). I use Eco Earth as substrate so maybe she has gone and it just sort of blends in??? I logged in tonight to read up on this very subject!

kristin_roman

5 Year Member
North Carolina
My little hermanns is about 4 months old, he will sometimes go poo and pee when I soak him in warm water, but he goes alot around his cage they're really hard to see though!

Status
Not open for further replies.