New here!

Spikethetortoise

hey guys. I am a recently new tortoise owner, I've been in the reptile hobby for about a decade now but just got my first tort about a week ago. He is a male Russian tortoise and his name is spike. I love him like crazy and decided to join this awesome forum so I can help give him the best life possible and meet some other people who are crazy about torts! I haven't gotten spike to eat much yet but I'll post some pictures for you guys soon.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Can't wait to see Spike's pics.:D Please do not forget to post pics of his enclosure as well.

Where do you live and what is the climate like, there? Keep in mind that torts need humidity and warmth.;)

And a very warm welcome to the forum! :tort:

(By the way, I think there's another tort called Spike here).:p

Spikethetortoise

I live in northern GA, I have a 90 degree basking spot and about an 80 degree ambient temperature. He's living indoors right now and I am just starting to take him out in the sun for short periods of time.

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum, Spikethetortoise! I just joined as well! I've owned a tortoise for a year. Her name is Ginger, (after the movie star in the show, "Gilligan's Island") and she's a Russian tortoise. She's about four years old, super curious, and actually doesn't mind being pet on the head. Over the past year, I've become crazy about tortoises and I'm already saving up for my all time dream, and Aldabra tortoise. I live in Florida, which I have learned is an excellent state for tortoises. Many tortoise breeders are here! Spike is a really cute name, by the way. :)