new here, need Russian Tortoise advise...

Kylee L.

Location (City and/or State)
Jacksonville, FL
Hello, we are preparing for our first tortoise, any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated. I have read the beginners thread on this and it was very helpful. We live in South Carolina, USA and would like to get a Russian Tortise. I have started a tortise garden to avoid pesticides and toxic plants and a reptile vet has been contacted. Any advice about temperature regulation and products to be used would also be very helpful. Thank you again, looking forward to being a part of TTT family!

Kylee L.

Jacksonville, FL
I did, thats why I had to reach out, I've read that they don't need humidity like other breeds and that their enclosure needs to be big not small and a few other differences. I wasn't sure at what size/ age they can be in a less humid environment. Ive seen enclosures that are very simple and some that are very high tech and complicated looking. .

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome I am not knowledgeable about Russians but will keep a eye on your post. I am sure someone will be here to give you more info.

Kylee L.

Jacksonville, FL
Welcome I am not knowledgeable about Russians but will keep a eye on your post. I am sure someone will be here to give you more info.
thank you! it's so wonderful to have
thank you! I have had some great responses and support to get started! I will post pics as soon as I get a chance!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
We will try not to disappoint you or get grumpy with you. That is your Russian Tortoise’s job.

Kylee L.

Jacksonville, FL
We will try not to disappoint you or get grumpy with you. That is your Russian Tortoise’s job.
lol, no disappointment yet and I like to find answers myself the best I can before asking; research benefits. I hope I dont get a grumpy tortoise, I have a grumpy cat already lol