new owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinas

5 Year Member
Hi, everyone im new to this web page, and am a first time herman tortise owner. I have a question and would really appreciate the feedback/comments. Thanks>>>>> My tortise came home yesterday (she was purchased on wednesday , and i picked up on saturday, the pet store it was bought from cared for her till pick up) My tortes seems to be very hungry, i gave greens, veg,and tortise grassland food the day she came home and she ate it all like it had never eaten before, then at night gave more greens and she ate it all again,.... today i mixed greens and tortise food with powder calcum, (nice amount) and she ate it all. Is this normail for tortise to eat like this??? And do herman tortice eat as long as their is food avalible or will they stop when full ? Im not sure of how much or how many times a day to feed her. Please any info will be a great help... thanks ts

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Tina:

1521871li8alr9ca2.gif

We have a section especially for the Hermann's tortoise and I'm sure one of our Hermann's keepers will be happy to answer your question. I'm glad you found us and am glad to have you here on the forum. I'd love to see a picture of your new baby. You are quite lucky that you were able to get an animal that started eating right off the bat. So often a new tortoise won't eat, which leads to problems.

Welcome!

Yvonne

micki

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
uk
hi and welcome to the forum from another Hermanns keeper.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hello Tina !!! Welcome to the forum family. We looove pics, can't wait to see pics of your little hermanns :D Any questions we can help you with, give us a shout !

Status
Not open for further replies.