New!! from Michigan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vernie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Hi everyone! We have raised our African spurred since a little hatchling/baby ♥ Ernie has been a part of our family and great "pet" for about 23 yrs now ! He's heavy, solid, getting huge and really showing his personality the older he gets. We've been lucky with him and his health..especially since were in MI ..i have to say ...without jinxing myself... The only time we had to deal with Ernie being sick was as a baby..not quite sure how old exactly. Its incredible the info on this forum ! So glad i found it!! [/font]

Attachments

• IMG_20130424_085224.jpg
    IMG_20130424_085224.jpg
    562.9 KB · Views: 62

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). I was born and raised in Michigan, now in Chicago. same kind of winters pretty much. I Would love for you to tell people with as much detail how you house him since he has gotten too big for a small house enclosure. Particularly over the cold winter months. Although not the best states to have a sulcata, or me with a leopard, I do think it is so doable. So, please share how you winter that big handsome fella:)

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO. Come on people Mi is a good state but let's
Give the city's credit also . Can you tell I was born in Saginaw ! What city's do you come from in Mi ? And yes you have a great looking tort

lkwagner

5 Year Member
Yes I would also like to know. I rescued 3 sulcatas that I can guarantee would have died and now that they are getting big I am trying to decide if I should rehome to a warmer state or if I can actually pull this off in MI.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just so you all know. A moderator lives in Cadilac Michigan and does have several sulcatas she has rescued along with several other tortoises. She winters them in a barn. I don't know how or what she uses for heat.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
I'm looking for another adult Sulcata, but I'm in Oregon.
I might be interested in adopting one if we can figure out transit. LOL

Sandy
Oregon Tortoise Rescue

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Hi and welcome! :)

Being in the Cleveland, Ohio area I'm interested in your methods as well.

lkwagner

5 Year Member
SenjiSandy said:
I'm looking for another adult Sulcata, but I'm in Oregon.
I might be interested in adopting one if we can figure out transit. LOL

Sandy
Oregon Tortoise Rescue

Send me a pm with your zip code and I can get shipping estimates and I will send pictures

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Wellington Cadilac is preaty city and a gorgeous lake . My grandparents had a cabin on lake micheal by the scout camp . Does your tort like to ice fish ?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's not me that lives in Cadillac, but yes it is pretty. I live in Chicago and was born and raised in Muskegon. Now you know why I moved:D. If I did live in Cadillac, my tort would not like to ice fish, as I wouldn't walk on ice for nothing:D. My family now lives up by Big Rapids/Whitecloud area. So I visit up there about once a month. Used to have a grandfather that lived in Bay City, so I have been to Saginaw when I was a kid.

Casseylane

5 Year Member
Welcome! We are from mi too. We have 2 leopards. They are not quite big enough to be a problem yet. Soon though :)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome. Your sully looks great. Just how do you house him?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Wellington
I didn't have torts in mi I had snakes
But I now live in Phx AZ and its a lot easier to raise torts in AZ that's why I have so many . But Asa kid mi was nice .

Status
Not open for further replies.