New Forum Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
robyn and cory are stealing my thread :p
i'm really just looking for some solid feedback

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
Personally, I like the layout and the forums already included.
However, I agree with the idea that the more variety the better. Even though I have no ability to care for most of the tort species I find it valuable and helpful information non the less.

I also find threads with things like pictures and how to's of enclosures indoors and outdoors very helpful. I know that at least one other snake forum has an Emergency Medical forum. that way people who are in real trouble with their little-or-big torts/turts could have a designated spot to post where others could easily see.

I like that this site is easy to navigate like The Source corn snake website. They are also relatively new to the forum world.

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
I fogot to add...a progression forum might be nice.
Then you have one spot to continually post updated pics of torts/turts and once a bit of time (depending on the animals age) has passed it is a nice way to compare what evolves.

TestudoGeek

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Lisbon, Portugal
Cam said:
I fogot to add...a progression forum might be nice.
Then you have one spot to continually post updated pics of torts/turts and once a bit of time (depending on the animals age) has passed it is a nice way to compare what evolves.

This is a good idea.

TestudoGeek

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Lisbon, Portugal
And how about a trusted breeders section? At least here in europe this woluld be of good value...

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Ok, Ok, I stole it I'm Sorry Josh,:p
I really like the progression forum and the Trusted Breeders site that Cam and TestudoGeek suggested. Also what about a Vet or Medical forum. Where people could list Known trusted Reptile vets in their areas with pertinent information i.e. phone, address, type or reptile specialized in and if/when we have vets on the site could post. This might be able to be linked to the Emergency Medical forum. I know some forum you use a "V" in your Post subject if you want a Vet or vet tech to reply.

Josh, I really like the set up of this forum. I belong to several and spend most of my time here. It’s easy to navigate and the people are the greatest. I commend you for a job well done and the job you are continuing to do for us all.

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
Crazy1 said:
Ok, Ok, I stole it I'm Sorry Josh,:p
I really like the progression forum and the Trusted Breeders site that Cam and TestudoGeek suggested. Also what about a Vet or Medical forum. Where people could list Known trusted Reptile vets in their areas with pertinent information i.e. phone, address, type or reptile specialized in and if/when we have vets on the site could post. This might be able to be linked to the Emergency Medical forum. I know some forum you use a "V" in your Post subject if you want a Vet or vet tech to reply.

Josh, I really like the set up of this forum. I belong to several and spend most of my time here. It’s easy to navigate and the people are the greatest. I commend you for a job well done and the job you are continuing to do for us all.

I like the idea of the "9/10 herpers prefer" section too. For medical, breeders, vets etc (or 3 different forums i suppose).
I am sure you would need a gigantic disclaimer...like the BOI on Fauna.
But it is very helpful to have a 'word of mouth' recommendation for certain.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
thanks for the kind words, robyn.
you guys have come up with some really good ideas. i've got a couple other expansion forums in mind but i don't want to expand too quickly without having people here to post in the new forums...yknow? i'm going to brainstorm on how we could accomplish something similar to faunaclassifieds BOI but with (hopefully) less headache. that program looks valuable but also seems like a nightmare to maintain.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Josh I think your idea of going slowly is a very smart idea. Definitely don't need the headache.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
what do you guys think about an "Archived for Reference" Forum for threads like Danny's "how to safely ship a tortoise"

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
josh said:
what do you guys think about an "Archived for Reference" Forum for threads like Danny's "how to safely ship a tortoise"

that would be great! or develop one of those prmanent 'stickys' for things like that?

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Maybe a debate forum. A place where we can debate on any subject. From tortoise care to anything. It would be a good way to develop as a community.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Any new requests? I'm still working on some new features (like BOI and stuff) but how about forums?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
josh said:

I think this is a great idea. I was looking for Greek tortoise care the other day and couldn't find anything here on the forum, even though I could remember reading here on their care. So it must be under a different heading than Greek care.

Yvonne

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
josh said:

That would be a great idea, maybe sort them by different things, ex..anything related to greeks, be sorted by greeks (if that is even possible)

I have another idea as well, maybe a forum for caresheets, we could all put links for different caresheets for different torts. That way when new tort owners come on they can find caresheets to look at. You could probabley put it in the welcome section.

Just some thoughts.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
I been seeing quite a few posts relating to box turtles and was wondering if a seperate forum relating to them would be an idea.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
box turtles added! still working on organizing the archive section. just a plain old thread would be a nightmare to wade through.
im going to post a bulletin for marginated owners on the TFO myspace page. if we get enough folks to join, i think a marginated forum would be a great idea too!

Status
Not open for further replies.