New Forum Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
I think these forums are looking great, maybe a few new forums would worm nicely but we definitely need to keep people off kingsnake.com. Too many bad things going on with that site.

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
HermanniChris said:
I think these forums are looking great, maybe a few new forums would worm nicely but we definitely need to keep people off kingsnake.com. Too many bad things going on with that site.

I agree ....

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
whats going on with kingsnake? that site was always far too cluttered for me. its terrible trying to find information there.
HermanniChris, if enough people are interested I could easily add a star tortoise section.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
They are one of the most professional looking sites yet they are the most unprofessional to deal with. They do barley anything to regulate problems, or complaints, do absolutely nothing to help their PAYING customers and honestly have some of the rudest people working for them. They also do not respond to e-mails and when I cancelled my account they would not refund my remaining money. I have been ripped off by one of their sellers and they would not even remove the person's ads even with proof and pay pal backing me up. Of course I understand that there are going to be people who will come on here and say that they love that site and that they have had no problems with them but that comes with anything when discussing opinions. They host probably the largest amount of ads where illegally wild caught animals are being sold, yet they feature videos and interviews that teach us about conservation. I stopped using their site over a year ago and since then have moved on in search of wholesome, real sites like this one, shelledwarriors.co.uk and reptastic.com. They are there just to make a buck and jump on the band wagon. They are not there to educate anyone, and God forbid you express any opinions or mention the wrong terminology in a forum or ad....because you will be kicked off. It is a shame and it makes me sick to see how many flock to that site. Unfortunately I do regularly check some of the classified sections for good deals on actual legal animals but that is only because half the world posts on there. I do whatever I can to get people to come to sites like this one, but as long as they're just in it for money they will continue to use them. There are quite a few other issues with them that I'd prefer to not mention because they are a big deal and they really are none of my business. Sorry if I offend anyone, I just do not support that site to any extent. I enjoy sharing information and pictures and I love helping people with their animals. This is simply something that they do not offer, atleast not anymore.

This is just my opinion based on my personal experiences with them although I know a slew of others who feel exactly the same way.

SINCERELY,
Chris

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
Star Torts are Beautiful. i dont have any but i would love to learn more about them. i know some Star keepers that would probably join the forum if there were a section for them.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
wayne.bob, duly noted...
any existing members own stars?

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
HermanniChris said:
They are one of the most professional looking sites yet they are the most unprofessional to deal with. They do barley anything to regulate problems, or complaints, do absolutely nothing to help their PAYING customers and honestly have some of the rudest people working for them. They also do not respond to e-mails and when I cancelled my account they would not refund my remaining money. I have been ripped off by one of their sellers and they would not even remove the person's ads even with proof and pay pal backing me up. Of course I understand that there are going to be people who will come on here and say that they love that site and that they have had no problems with them but that comes with anything when discussing opinions. They host probably the largest amount of ads where illegally wild caught animals are being sold, yet they feature videos and interviews that teach us about conservation. I stopped using their site over a year ago and since then have moved on in search of wholesome, real sites like this one, shelledwarriors.co.uk and reptastic.com. They are there just to make a buck and jump on the band wagon. They are not there to educate anyone, and God forbid you express any opinions or mention the wrong terminology in a forum or ad....because you will be kicked off. It is a shame and it makes me sick to see how many flock to that site. Unfortunately I do regularly check some of the classified sections for good deals on actual legal animals but that is only because half the world posts on there. I do whatever I can to get people to come to sites like this one, but as long as they're just in it for money they will continue to use them. There are quite a few other issues with them that I'd prefer to not mention because they are a big deal and they really are none of my business. Sorry if I offend anyone, I just do not support that site to any extent. I enjoy sharing information and pictures and I love helping people with their animals. This is simply something that they do not offer, atleast not anymore.

This is just my opinion based on my personal experiences with them although I know a slew of others who feel exactly the same way.

SINCERELY,
Chris

Yep, what he said...well put!

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
A star forum would be great. There seems to alot interest in them.

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
I have a silly request:rolleyes:, is there a way to get more smiley's? I really need a drool smiley and maybe a clapping one ....I am technology challenged so this is simply a thought I wanted to share:p.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
indian star tortoise section has been added :)
i can add additional smilies but im not quite sure where we can get extra smiley images.
barbie69, if you want to start a new thread in this forum where people can post smiley images i'd be happy to add the popular ones.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
i'm planning on adding some new forums and doing some reorganizing soon. is there anything anyone would like to specifically request?

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Perhaps something on hingebacks and asian tortoises.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Crazy1 said:
What about an area for legal issues or even forms like the one listed here that is a care proxy? It might be small but important.
http://www.turtlehomes.org/usa/turtlewill.htm

very nice. what about other forms like for obtaining permits for special turtles/tortoises. or to import or export them across state or country lines?

i am trying very aggressively to be able to obtain the proper documention to be able to import a sea turtle hatchling and put it in a 10,000 gal pond.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
spikethebest said:
what about other forms like for obtaining permits for special turtles/tortoises. or to import or export them across state or country lines?

i am trying very aggressively to be able to obtain the proper documention to be able to import a sea turtle hatchling and put it in a 10,000 gal pond.

Cory, As someone who is working on your MS in Biology it would be an awesome acheivement for you to be able to obtain that goal. And I am sure a difficult one. Good luck.
I Just looked at your Chapter site and saw you are having an auction March 21, 2008. This is correct? I would love to attend that auction. Please confirm the auction date for me. Thanks.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I'm thinking about adding a miscellaneous tortoise topic section. perhaps there we could have things like the tortoise will. what do you guys think?
as for hingebacks and asians, if there are a decent amount of folks here who are into them, i'd be happy to add those forums.

any feedback on the new classifieds format? anything im forgetting here?

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Hey Robyn. Yes the California Turtle and Tortoise club is having an auction as well as a turtle/tortoise show.

Meeting time for Auction-- 7:30pm. But come before that to look at things and talk to turtle/tortoise people!

Location-- Woodland Hills Christian Church 5920 Shoup Ave, Woodland Hills (at the corner of Oxnard).

MARCH MEETING

March 21: Walter Allen Estate Auction Fund Raiser: Tom and Sharon Paquette from the Orange County Chapter will be bringing many special turtle and tortoise items (wall hangings, sculptures, nic-nacs and more) from the Walter Allen Estate (Casa de Tortuga). These items are all very special. It was Walters wish that his estate help raise funds to support rescue, rehabilitation and education of turtles and tortoises brought to CTTC. This is a fund raising evening and we welcome all Valley chapter members to bid on items they may want. Bring your wallets and join in on the fun...Turtle and tortoise slide show will be running during the evening.

April 18: Sandy Chase: How to care for Russian and Leopard Tortoises: Back by popular demand, Sandy will discuss her experiences with caring for Russian and Leopard Tortoises.

May 16: CTTC Valley Chapter Turtle and Tortoise Show set up will be from 4pm to 7pm on Friday May 16 instead of a regular meeting. Members are encourage to bring displays with turtles and tortoises, donate baked goodies and raffle items. Outside exhibitors are welcome. Please notify us if you will be participating in our annual show: [email protected] or 805-901-8746

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
spikethebest said:
Meeting time for Auction-- 7:30pm. But come before that to look at things and talk to turtle/tortoise people!

MARCH MEETING

March 21:

Cody, I hope to see you there. I am going to do my best to make that show. I work until 4 and I'm in the Inland Empire but I should be able to make it to Woodland Hills by then. I'm planning on wearing my t-shirt so if your there and you see me - let me know its you.

Status
Not open for further replies.