New digs for my little RF friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neohippy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Red Deer, AB
So I had a wee bit 'o' cash left after the monthly gutting known as rent/bills. Instead of the usual beer and greasy salt loaded awesomeness, I decided to do some renovating instead.

The tortoises have been living in what could really only be compared to a Detroit neighbourhood, at least in comparison.

I went out and gathered up some coco husk, some plantation soil, tropical soil substrate, organic tropical potting soil mix, a brick of moss, and some cute little tropical foliage.

I then set to work, and this is what I came up with...

img1154e.jpg

img1157t.jpg

img1158d.jpg

img1160j.jpg

img1161.jpg

Still needs some work, but I do believe it's off to a good start.

Bryan

10 Year Member!
Very nice! Is that a 55 gallon aquarium?

Neohippy

5 Year Member
Red Deer, AB
Bryan said:
Very nice! Is that a 55 gallon aquarium?

Thanks, it's a 75 gallon actually.

I just recently used a $50 Walmart gift card and did a few more upgrades.

Such niceties as a perlite drainage layer, separated by a weed guard mesh. Also, the soil has been beefed up again with another 50 pounds or so of organic soil, bringing the total to about 70 or 80 pounds of various soils and substrates. I also added a few more plants for exploration and hiding purposes. Cordelia loves exploring the jungle. Just need to bring the sight barrier up to match and I'm done again... For now.

img1210o.jpg

img1217d.jpg

and Cordelia off in her jungle...

img1213f.jpg

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Neohippy, Very nice upgrades. I am sure they will be happier in their new digs. Please be especially careful with the perlite. If they ingest it, it can cause impaction.

Neohippy

5 Year Member
Red Deer, AB
Crazy1 said:
Neohippy, Very nice upgrades. I am sure they will be happier in their new digs. Please be especially careful with the perlite. If they ingest it, it can cause impaction.

Was definitely a concern, but it is safely sealed on the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.