New Building @ The Cove'

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Well gang ....been a long week and a half , but the new building is almost done. Just some shots during the process of the build ....should be complete by tomorrow.......

Now if I can just stay out of the hospital I may be able to finish this thing ......;)

Hope everyone is just doing groovy .......and enjoying the sun .

JD~:)

Flipper

Location (City and/or State)
MO, USA
Oh dear! Why are in going in to the hospital? :eek: I hope you're ok!

Your building looks great! What will you use it for? :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looking very good Jeff. I warned you about over doing it:mad: Wouldn't want to have to kick ya where the sun don't shine :p:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This looks very professional. But nothing is worth making yourself sick over.

747117wei24kafiu.gif

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
... of course once you done you will need to take a vacation.... may I suggest my place? I could use you for some manual labor. :)

Telid

5 Year Member
TX
Now if I can just stay out of the hospital I may be able to finish this thing ......;)

Looking good, JD! But I must ask what you mean by the above line...

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Well gang ...thanks for the positive vibes:)...after 14 hours of Demo on the 4th of the old buildings....

I ended up having seizures-so back into the hospital for the night. Meanwhile all I could think about was the torts (there are quiet a few to look after) nevertheless a full house of torts in everyroom for a few days ....and almost Done! Had this Gal nesting today during the build today......sorta of ironic as the Night of the Demo I had another female delaying the project a wee bit , because she decided to nest that evening.......
clip_image001.png
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/in-n-out-with-a-bang.95662/
Here was today's eggs........

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Jeff, ya gotta slow down enough not to be triggering yourself. I am thinking Barb needs to be lining up her tickets to CA.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Mr. Jeff,

Your work is beautiful! No big shock there! It looks better than some houses being built.
Now, the seizures....... What are we foing to do with you, Jeff? Do you have any idea what the trigger was?
Are you taking your medication, like a good boy?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Looks great Jeff. #1 question: Why did you tear down the first shed? #2 question: Where did you buy the second one from? #3 question. Have you ever thought of a greenhouse for your redfoots to live in instead of a shed? I posted a thread about this on here two days ago. Since we live fairly close to each other our weather would pretty much be the same. I don't mean to get too personal, but since you had mentioned it already, why are you having seizures?

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread...ote-and-give-your-opinions.96006/#post-893973

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Hi ya Candy ..... well
#1 the old "cherry House" was a converted kid's play house that had been built in the early 60's. Asides from termites it really was not " finished" the way I wanted it to be ( I knew I would tear it down eventually). The second hut for the Hypo's and RF's was a Nice 8x8 Rubbermaid shed I had bought at one of the box stores. Nice ....but no too efficient at retaining heat ...even with insulated panels throughout .
The new house is pretty tricked out heating wise and termite/moisture proof. plus ....the ease of everyone in one big house (although separate within) and 3 different access doors that are 42" wide on 3 different walls makes it easier for the keepers. It also will include a really neat mist system , and " loft type" table within for the youngsters. The new building is 10 x 14 , with 8' lids....so nice ample room . Sure to post more when finished .....
The Seizure thing .....I got hit in the head and it has been a 9 month battle and Docs are not sure .......the meds are horrible and a real wake up call for this old man .
The greenhouse idea is wonderful as I use it on my plumies .....just not secure enough for my own tastes when it comes to my shelled buddies.
Nice to see you around ....and hope all is going well with yourself ........
J~:)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Mr. Jeff,

Your work is beautiful! No big shock there! It looks better than some houses being built.
Now, the seizures....... What are we foing to do with you, Jeff? Do you have any idea what the trigger was?
Are you taking your medication, like a good boy?
I'm trying ........and cant wait to have You and Jimbo over.....to see all the new stuff.~:D

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Jeff, ya gotta slow down enough not to be triggering yourself. I am thinking Barb needs to be lining up her tickets to CA.
careful J' ......I just might have to send two tickets ....so ya both can come play a visit!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Sorry to hear the seizures are back, and doubly sorry to hear the meds may not be/stop working. So this one replaced the one you dismantled recently? Looks like a nicer home than some people have , the torts will prob. love it. Of course being stubborn animals, if they knew how much work you put into it, they may not use it just because. :)
So don't tell them.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Pictures of the torts doors please. I see most people make the doors into ramps. Is this what you did? I did doors that lift on mine, like the shed at our other place and then we build separate ramps. We did do a tort door/ramp on the one big hide box we made, but we don't need to use it, now that we have the new garage/tort house built. It was a waist of money,:( but didn't know if the garage was going to be done this year or not. Now the tort hide box may get used to store hubbies riding lawn mower he's always wanted:D
Can't wait to see the finished project. But please, take it easy:)