New Babies finally home and introduced to their new siblings...

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
Finally got my babies home!

I just got back from Houston where I went to visit Greg T. and picked up two new babies. They are little pigglets and getting along great with my other two. So now I have joined the growing number of people who have Greg T Leopards. They are awesome little guys. They all have very unique shell patterns and a unique color I have not seen before. They complement my Tortadise duo rther well. I hope that when they grow up I will have a good heard of healthy tortoises be they boys or girls! JK...I really am hoping that I have two of each! Pictures real soon when I get my camera home.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!

Awesome! The herd grows :). I look forward to seeing the beauties. His offspring are getting pretty darn popular lol

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California

Why all the talk about them and no pictures?

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET

Blake m said:
Why all the talk about them and no pictures?

I know, right? Kinda rude, i say. [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][GROWING HEART]

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
RE: Finally got my babies home!

LOL.... Because I am at work and they are at home. My camera is at work and I just got back. Tonight the pictures will go up. Greg T's leos are very unique, at least to me. You can spot them from their color and a little trait on their shells that appears to be genetic. They are, um..., bumpy, sort of. Not pyramided...I don't really know how to describe it. They are pretty little guys. Like work boot tan colored and awesome shell patterns. His big Male is really cool and these babies have alot of him in them. Others with his babies might be able to describe it better. i will take some close ups and post tonight if I have some time.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas

Here are the pics. Two from Greg T's herd and two from Tortadise's herd. I have had the two older ones since July. They were hatched in May. The two from Greg T. I got last week and I believe they hatched in September. Maybe Greg will come in and correct me...

Here are the other pics...

DSCN0866 (800x600).jpgDSCN0867 (800x600).jpgDSCN0868 (800x600).jpgDSCN0869 (800x600).jpgDSCN0870 (800x600).jpgDSCN0874 (800x600).jpgDSCN0878 (800x600).jpgDSCN0879 (800x600).jpgDSCN0880 (800x600).jpgDSCN0881 (800x600).jpg

They think they are red ears basking on a rock!

Attachments

• DSCN0862 (800x600).jpg
    DSCN0862 (800x600).jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCN0863 (800x600).jpg
    DSCN0863 (800x600).jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN0865 (800x600).jpg
    DSCN0865 (800x600).jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited by a moderator:

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
DSCN0878 (800x600).jpgDSCN0879 (800x600).jpgDSCN0880 (800x600).jpgDSCN0881 (800x600).jpgDSCN0862 (800x600).jpgDSCN0865 (800x600).jpgDSCN0866 (800x600).jpgDSCN0867 (800x600).jpgDSCN0869 (800x600).jpgI finally got my new babies home. The two new guys are from Greg T in Houston area and the two older ones are from Tortadise near Dallas. I can't wait to see how these little guys grow up!

Last edited by a moderator:

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California

I thought maybe you placed them on the saucer. Way cooler since you didn't have to.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas

I did have to turn the big one for the photo. Later when I went back to get them out the little ones were on the edge and the big one was on the saucer like he was king of the mountain! I think he pushed them off. LOL...

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Where I have i been ? There is a leopard breeder right here in Houston!! I have been trying to convince my wife to buy me one for Christmas. I would love to go check out his set ups . Kelly's place is awesome . I loved talking with his mom . Plus its would be nice to talk to someone in person that is into tortoises instead of being told your a turtle nut . Ha ha I know the torts you got from Kelly had the best start in life you can give . The New guys are awesome too . Very beautiful tortoise .

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
mike taylor said:
Where I have i been ? There is a leopard breeder right here in Houston!! I have been trying to convince my wife to buy me one for Christmas. I would love to go check out his set ups . Kelly's place is awesome . I loved talking with his mom . Plus its would be nice to talk to someone in person that is into tortoises instead of being told your a turtle nut . Ha ha I know the torts you got from Kelly had the best start in life you can give . The New guys are awesome too . Very beautiful tortoise .

Mike Greg T is in League City near Nasa. He has three adults. Not sure if he has any babies left but he has 17 eggs cooking for around February. You should PM him. Kelly has a nice set up. His animals are beautiful! I went out there one Saturday morning. Didn't want to leave. So many awesome torts.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Yay! You got them home! Aren't they gorgeous? They really are amazing little torts.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Re: RE: New Babies finally home and introduced to their new siblings...

Saleama said:
mike taylor said:

Mike Greg T is in League City near Nasa. He has three adults. Not sure if he has any babies left but he has 17 eggs cooking for around February. You should PM him. Kelly has a nice set up. His animals are beautiful! I went out there one Saturday morning. Didn't want to leave. So many awesome torts.

Me and the wife went out to Kelly's place on a Saturday. But sadly did not meet Kelly. But we met with his mom . She took the time to show us every set up and tortoise . She is one very cool person.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
When I was there she was showing me the eggs and when we opened up the incubator, there was a baby crawling around in there. I got to watch her take it out and clean it up. It was pretty neat.