never seeing him... HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Claireabbo

alright so i wake up and he is still asleep so i put some food out there (of couse this is at 530 before his light turns on) and when i come home around 430 or 5 the food is gone but he is back in his hut sleeping. the seasons are starting to change and it is getting cooler outside. but i dont know if that has anything to do with it. but i never seem to see him. i had to change his enclosure from a series of unfortunate events and now its smaller. but its still a 50 gallon rubbermaid tote. so i was wondering what is going on with him. i have a couple of ideas but i need some more thinking brains... please help!!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
He may be out for a few hours basking while you are gone. Sounds like he is healthy if he is eating. Soak him 2-3x per week when you can, but if his substrate is moist (not sopping), and he has access to water, he is getting moisture that way.
When you have a day off, spend some time watching him to see what his schedule is. Mine like to go to bed about 4-6pm even when they are outside and it is warm, it is just TIME. So when I work, I don't see them much.
I suspect he is fine, but your work schedule does not mesh with his schedule.
Mine did become much more active when I could get them outside rather than in a tort table. Even if that is not an option for him, I bet he is fine.

C

Claireabbo

ok thank you! :D that makes me feel better :) on saturday i will watch him and see what all he does. and yes i keep the substrate moist. (but not soaked of course) and he has a soaking bowl that is like the twice the size of him. maybe a little less. but he can definatley fit inside of there comfortably! :D thanks for all the help and support guys i was really worried

Status
Not open for further replies.