Need some expert advice here, please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stev0623

5 Year Member
So I fed him today with the others.

He hasn't eaten much the past week or so. I got him to eat alot today, so we'll see what happens. He ate more today than he has the past 2 weeks.

After eating, I noticed his tail moving around alot, and I noticed his tail moving up and down. He also starting what appeared to be urinating(chalky and thick), but it looked like he was about to poop.

After eating, I put him in the tub to soak some. Pics are here:

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/TevanBP/Odie/[hr]
update, this just in.

I've been giving him some of the mineral oil (squirting it in his mouth) the past few days.

I talked to the vet today, and he told me to give him a very small ammount of milk of magnesia. He said since we've been "lubing the pipes" the milk of mag may be able to pass the blockage.

So about an hour before him eating, I gave him some. He ate a whole lot, and I put him in the tub.

On the way out the door now for my night class, and wouldn't ya know he pooped a WHOLE LOT.

I also found the source of the blockage. He passed a stone in his feces. It's not like a garden rock, or a pebble, but a stone... All I can figure is that he must have dug and found it.

Either way, it's passed now, so that has to be a good sign.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
tortoises also get stones, like people do.

good to hear though.

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So. Cal desert
Bet youve never been so happy to see poop ...eh? Kona didnt poop for 20 days. I did a happy dance when he finally did it .... and doing a happy dance for you now, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.