Need help with tortoise found in backyard

balog1

Location (City and/or State)
europe
I don't know what to do as I have no knowledge of how to care for tortoises and the internet was not helpful. I'm not intending on keeping it as a pet but i'm not sure what course of action should be best. I'm freaking out and i really don't want to kill the little guy. What do i do?

+ there's a picture of it. IS IT EVEN A TORTOISE? WHAT IF ITS A TURTLE??

please help i want them to be happy :(

f866ede5-16af-455f-8161-854d4c1e6063.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Need a better picture to see what it is. The long tail and the nose make me think its an aquatic turtle. Soak it in some warm water about half way up the shell. Whatever species it is, it could use a drink.

balog1

europe
Need a better picture to see what it is. The long tail and the nose make me think its an aquatic turtle. Soak it in some warm water about half way up the shell. Whatever species it is, it could use a drink.

hi!! here are two more pictures. i hope these are clearer

23a92360-49d1-42a1-8074-bfcef78ad9e1.jpg ea3be61a-46a6-4d90-af98-0e8bf69d2087.jpg

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I think it's a European pond turtle. Not entirely sure though. Either way it looks like a recent hatchling. If confirmed its native you can release it in a local body of water.

balog1

europe
I think it's a European pond turtle. Not entirely sure though. Either way it looks like a recent hatchling. If confirmed its native you can release it in a local body of water.

I definitely think it might be (i live in europe so...), i live near a large river so i'm assuming it came from there. would it be okay to leave it there?