Need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocco

5 Year Member
Hi,
I need some advice for my baby tortoise. It is 6months old and Is a herman. I got it 2 days ago. The temperature is around 24c at day time and goes down around 17 at night. I do bath it in warm water. It only eats very little (a few bites) but 3-4 times a day. I need some help and advice please. How can I make the temperature go higher?
I want my tortoise to live long and happy. Please give me some advice. Thank you

:tort:

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bonifay, FL
to increase temps U can lower the lights, u can get a higher wattage bulb or even use a space heater in the room he is in

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Rocco:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

You can partially cover the habitat too. If you tear off two long strips of aluminum foil (the kind for cooking ), ther place one on top of the other. At one edge, fold them together a couple times on the length side, making it into one large sheet. Then cover over the container you're using for a habitat, lights and all. Its not pretty, but it works and is safe with the lights.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Hello and welcome to the forum...

all the ideas given to you already should help you..

Rocco

5 Year Member
Hi thanks a lot I will try this out.
I live in London, uk.
Since I got the tortoise it didn't drink any water. However I did give him a warm bath a few times. He is so small he can't even reach the water dish.
Any more information or advice from you all would be greatful.
Thanks a lot.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You may not have thought of it, so I'll give you a little helpful hint:

Scrape some of the substrate away under the waterer so that it is even with the substrate. Because of their shells, tortoises have a hard time reaching their neck up and over the rim of a dish. Its better if its flush, and even better when they can climb into the water.

Rocco

5 Year Member
Hi thanks so much to everyone. I wanted to upload a picture of my tortoises housing to show you if it's ok, but i dont understand how to upload a picture here? I did the aluminium thing at put the housing in front of the heating...but the temperature is still not going up to 25c :(

Status
Not open for further replies.