Help please! I'm new

YoshMoo04

I'm new and I just need some advice because I got a Russian tortoise yesterday, like what to feed him and how to bond with him! ( also I kinda need help on using the forum)
All help is appreciated! Thank you

From YoshiMoo04

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

If you have questions about how to use the Forum, post them in the "Help" section. Also, we have a nice russian tortoise care sheet at the top of the Russian Section.

747117wei24kafiu.gif

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Concentrate on how to care for him, with proper food and the best environment. Forget bonding as such. Focus on not scaring him. Eventually he will come running for food. Pay attention to him by watching and observing and reading everything you can about russian tortoises. But don't look for interaction. He's a wild animal.

Learn your weeds and where to find pesticide free ones. Let him graze, and go foraging for him. Plant some yourself, or just stop mowing them. Grocery store greens will get you through the winter, but are limited.

Right now where I live I can find rose of sharon flowers, day lilies, grape leaves, dandelion leaves & flowers, plantain, chicory, horse radish leaves, violet leaves, cranesbil, clover...

Diogo4

Welcome. Your Russian looks amazing. They have very active personalities and are very curious.