Need help :( my sulcata had eyes closed and soft plastron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinyo

5 Year Member
i just bought my sulcata from another city and sent by mail
the seller said that this tort got a flu
but when i received the package i saw he got his eyes closed and his plastron is so soft, and his nose is totally dry, no sign of flu at all
he's very limp and skinny :(
what happened with my sulcata guys?
what should i do to take care of him? :(

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
You should contact the seller and get an immediate refund.

In the mean time soak him and keep him warm. Read the links in my signature for info on how to raise sulcata babies.

To answer your question about what happened to him: Its obvious he wasn't cared for properly before you got him.

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
United States
kinda sounds like hatchling failure syndrome where they aren't kept hydrated enough when first hatched and therefore they suffer some kidney and liver issues. They seem normal for a few weeks then all the sudden they go down hill and pass away. Just went through this with my leopard tortoise :/ So sorry, I hope he gets better but if i were you i'd be contacting the seller ASAP and telling them you wish for a refund and possibly a new tort.

Sinyo

5 Year Member
Tom said:
You should contact the seller and get an immediate refund.

In the mean time soak him and keep him warm. Read the links in my signature for info on how to raise sulcata babies.

To answer your question about what happened to him: Its obvious he wasn't cared for properly before you got him.

i've soaked him in warm water Tom and sometime he could open his eyes and tried to climb the bowl, very active behaviour
after that his eyes return to closed again
and now i put him in a container with cocopeat substrate and warm him with spot lamp, he's sleeping now. 28C and 98% humidity

EchoTheLeoTort said:
kinda sounds like hatchling failure syndrome where they aren't kept hydrated enough when first hatched and therefore they suffer some kidney and liver issues. They seem normal for a few weeks then all the sudden they go down hill and pass away. Just went through this with my leopard tortoise :/ So sorry, I hope he gets better but if i were you i'd be contacting the seller ASAP and telling them you wish for a refund and possibly a new tort.

is there any chance for my tort to survive? :(
are you sure my sully got hatchling failure syndrome?

Status
Not open for further replies.