Need A Wonderful New Parent for Baby Sulcata--Utah

ecachuh

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sulphur, LA
I tried calling, but it won't let me talk with anybody!!!!! I'm going to take Donny to the FedEx by 5:30 Wednesday and ask them. If they say it's Tuesday, then we'll do next Tuesday. I'll buy more shipping stuff and reimburse you for the package you bought. Ugh.
I think he just means to make it so Donny gets on the flight scheduled for Wednesday evening. Meaning don't arrive too late. I will call them too.

You don't believe the robots? But they are programmed to be so sincere πŸ˜‚. I can't stand that automated πŸ’©!

MollyB

West Jordan, Utah
I think he just means to make it so Donny gets on the flight scheduled for Wednesday evening. Meaning don't arrive too late. I will call them too.

You don't believe the robots? But they are programmed to be so sincere πŸ˜‚. I can't stand that automated πŸ’©!
Oh, I definitely won't be late! Being a patrol officer, I know all the side roads. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜„

zovick

10 Year Member!
Oh, I definitely won't be late! Being a patrol officer, I know all the side roads. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜„
Where are you dropping off the package? All you need to do is ask the live person who takes it from you if it will get on that night's FEDEX flight to their hub and be delivered the next day. If they say yes, you are good to go. If they say no, those overnight packages have already been sent to the airport or the plane, then ask what time you need to be there to make sure the package gets sent out the same day you drop it off.

If you can't get anyone on the phone, how hard would it be for you to go to where you are dropping it off a day or two beforehand and ask in person what time you need to drop off a live reptile shipment in order for it to be delivered the next day in Louisiana?

My main concern was letting you know that if you drop the package off at a FEDEX store or a Pak-Mail store rather than directly at the airport, the drivers pick up the packages from the various stores and drop boxes on a scheduled route daily.

Here, where I live 55 miles from the airport, it is much easier to take the package to my local Pak-Mail store which is only 5 miles away. A FEDEX driver picks up the overnight packages at 4:00 PM daily from that Pak-Mail store so I know that I need to drop off the package around 3:30 PM to be sure it gets picked up the day I drop it off. IE, if I got it there at 5:00 PM and the driver had already left, it would not be taken to the airport by the driver until the following day.

If you (MollyB) are far from your airport, dropping it off at one of the stores near you as I do might be a good option. You just need to ask the people where you plan to drop it off what time the next day packages get picked up so you can get it there in timely fashion. I am not trying to confuse you, just trying to make sure you know the procedures and are not disappointed.

MollyB

West Jordan, Utah
Where are you dropping off the package? All you need to do is ask the live person who takes it from you if it will get on that night's FEDEX flight to their hub and be delivered the next day. If they say yes, you are good to go. If they say no, those overnight packages have already been sent to the airport or the plane, then ask what time you need to be there to make sure the package gets sent out the same day you drop it off.

If you can't get anyone on the phone, how hard would it be for you to go to where you are dropping it off a day or two beforehand and ask in person what time you need to drop off a live reptile shipment in order for it to be delivered the next day in Louisiana?

My main concern was letting you know that if you drop the package off at a FEDEX store or a Pak-Mail store rather than directly at the airport, the drivers pick up the packages from the various stores and drop boxes on a scheduled route daily.

Here, where I live 55 miles from the airport, it is much easier to take the package to my local Pak-Mail store which is only 5 miles away. A FEDEX driver picks up the overnight packages at 4:00 PM daily from that Pak-Mail store so I know that I need to drop off the package around 3:30 PM to be sure it gets picked up the day I drop it off. IE, if I got it there at 5:00 PM and the driver had already left, it would not be taken to the airport by the driver until the following day.

If you (MollyB) are far from your airport, dropping it off at one of the stores near you as I do might be a good option. You just need to ask the people where you plan to drop it off what time the next day packages get picked up so you can get it there in timely fashion. I am not trying to confuse you, just trying to make sure you know the procedures and are not disappointed.
That's kinda what I was trying to say. This specific Fedex isn't close to home, which is just fine. It's the hub that will take care of live animals. I'm not anywhere close to the airport, but this hub is. What I plan to do is drive there with Donny packaged (πŸ˜•) and ask the LIVE person (I can't stand robots πŸ€­πŸ™„) all the specifics. If they say that the delivery person has already left, Donny comes back home with me, after getting all the correct info for next week. I will NOT leave this little guy anywhere to just wait. But, I really believe it's going to work out this week. Donny is SOUTHBOUND! 😍 Positive thoughts!

zovick

10 Year Member!
That's kinda what I was trying to say. This specific Fedex isn't close to home, which is just fine. It's the hub that will take care of live animals. I'm not anywhere close to the airport, but this hub is. What I plan to do is drive there with Donny packaged (πŸ˜•) and ask the LIVE person (I can't stand robots πŸ€­πŸ™„) all the specifics. If they say that the delivery person has already left, Donny comes back home with me, after getting all the correct info for next week. I will NOT leave this little guy anywhere to just wait. But, I really believe it's going to work out this week. Donny is SOUTHBOUND! 😍 Positive thoughts!
Sounds fine. Best of luck with the process!

ecachuh

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sulphur, LA
Okay @MollyB is getting ready to ship out little Donny.... Any last minute tips or words of encouragement? It's a very emotional time for her. 😒 πŸ’•

MollyB

West Jordan, Utah
Okay @MollyB is getting ready to ship out little Donny.... Any last minute tips or words of encouragement? It's a very emotional time for her. 😒 πŸ’•
Donny should be in Louisiana tomorrow morning. This is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I would say my heart is broken, but it's not. Donny is going to be raised by amazing parents in a wonderful home. They've made this transition so much easier, and I think I've made an awesome friend in the process. I called her after I left Donny with FedEx just bawling, and got off the phone laughing. Donny and I are so very lucky and grateful. Thank you to E and K, and to all of you. β€οΈβ€πŸ©Ή

ecachuh

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sulphur, LA
Donny should be in Louisiana tomorrow morning. This is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I would say my heart is broken, but it's not. Donny is going to be raised by amazing parents in a wonderful home. They've made this transition so much easier, and I think I've made an awesome friend in the process. I called her after I left Donny with FedEx just bawling, and got off the phone laughing. Donny and I are so very lucky and grateful. Thank you to E and K, and to all of you. β€οΈβ€πŸ©Ή
My friend @MollyB ! He made it to the FedEx facility an hour before they opened. We were there 15 minutes early and waited in the parking lot :). I ran in there and I'm like "I'm here to pick up a tortoise!!!". The guy laughed he's like "what's the name"?

He was a little cold when I opened up the box but wide awake of course. He climbed up to my neck and he sat there the whole ride home.

Molly had sent pictures of the little guy and one of them was Donny snuggled up on her neck. He's a sweetheart! I love him! It's a beautiful sunny day today, so he's already stomped around outside.

I'm going to post pictures and video on here soon!

Thank you so much Molly and hubby! Thank you to everyone in the forum for helping as well. 😊 Much πŸ’•!

MollyB

West Jordan, Utah
My friend @MollyB ! He made it to the FedEx facility an hour before they opened. We were there 15 minutes early and waited in the parking lot :). I ran in there and I'm like "I'm here to pick up a tortoise!!!". The guy laughed he's like "what's the name"?

He was a little cold when I opened up the box but wide awake of course. He climbed up to my neck and he sat there the whole ride home.

Molly had sent pictures of the little guy and one of them was Donny snuggled up on her neck. He's a sweetheart! I love him! It's a beautiful sunny day today, so he's already stomped around outside.

I'm going to post pictures and video on here soon!

Thank you so much Molly and hubby! Thank you to everyone in the forum for helping as well. 😊 Much πŸ’•!
I'm so glad he cuddled with you! πŸ’“