Need A Wonderful New Parent for Baby Sulcata--Utah

ecachuh

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sulphur, LA
Are you interested in adopting Donny? You sound like you would be a good mom. ☺️
I'm a mom lol. (Erica) Yeah I guess you can never tell with some usernames.
My husband and I were talking about getting another one. I told him I wanted to adopt. There's so many babies that need homes.

I would love to adopt Donny 💕 if that's what you decide. But if someone pops up that's closer to you, I will totally understand!

zovick

10 Year Member!
Really? How is it done?
You can get all the correct information, see how-to videos, and purchase the supplies you would need to ship a tortoise from a company called Ship Your Reptiles which is based in CO. Many people use the company, and if/when you see the abbreviation "SYR" in for sale ads, that indicates the seller would ship using that company.

Their shipments are done via FEDEX Priority or Standard Overnight (your choice) at a big discount to normal prices, but it is still not all that cheap. They will pick up the package from your home if you wish or you can drop it off at a nearby facility. I have even dropped some of mine off at a local Pak-Mail because it is much closer to me than the FEDEX facility. Just make sure to ask when the Overnight Fedex packages are picked up and then pack the tortoise and get it there before that time or it will sit overnight at the same facility till the next day's pickup. Here at my Pak-Mail, the Fedex next day items are picked up at about 4 PM, so I take the box there at 3 PM to be sure it gets in that day's pickup.

Here is a link to their website: https://shipyourreptiles.com/

I notice that they may also be using UPS now.

ecachuh

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sulphur, LA
You can get all the correct information, see how-to videos, and purchase the supplies you would need to ship a tortoise from a company called Ship Your Reptiles which is based in CO. Many people use the company, and if/when you see the abbreviation "SYR" in for sale ads, that indicates the seller would ship using that company.

Their shipments are done via FEDEX Priority or Standard Overnight (your choice) at a big discount to normal prices, but it is still not all that cheap. They will pick up the package from your home if you wish or you can drop it off at a nearby facility. I have even dropped some of mine off at a local Pak-Mail because it is much closer to me than the FEDEX facility. Just make sure to ask when the Overnight Fedex packages are picked up and then pack the tortoise and get it there before that time or it will sit overnight at the same facility till the next day's pickup. Here at my Pak-Mail, the Fedex next day items are picked up at about 4 PM, so I take the box there at 3 PM to be sure it gets in that day's pickup.

Here is a link to their website: https://shipyourreptiles.com/

I notice that they may also be using UPS now.
Thank you for that info. I bookmarked it!

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Can you PM on this site???
Yes: click on the name under the profile image. So where i hover over "mollyb" it gives me an option to 'start a conversation." You also can click the envelope in the upper right hand corner and then start typing their username:

MollyB

West Jordan, Utah
Yes: click on the name under the profile image. So where i hover over "mollyb" it gives me an option to 'start a conversation." You also can click the envelope in the upper right hand corner and then start typing their username:

Thank you! You've helped me so much. 💝

MollyB

West Jordan, Utah
You've awesome!
I found a great home for Donny! Yep, he's going to @ecachuh in Lousiana!!! She's so kind and will be the perfect momma. 💝 Due to a family emergency, I haven't had the chance to send him yet. But, he should be making the trip next week! Donny is heading south! So happy, excited, and grateful. ❤️❤️❤️

ecachuh

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sulphur, LA
I found a great home for Donny! Yep, he's going to @ecachuh in Lousiana!!! She's so kind and will be the perfect momma. 💝 Due to a family emergency, I haven't had the chance to send him yet. But, he should be making the trip next week! Donny is heading south! So happy, excited, and grateful. ❤️❤️❤️

Thank you so much Molly. We are all so excited, I ended up telling my husband about Donny. I couldn't keep a secret. 😂

Donny is going to be a southerner. 🤣 🤠

So grateful to you for trusting your baby in our care. 💕. I've already ordered the correct lighting and also some grasses from Kapidolo Farms to go with my other supply. Picking all of the clover and drying it out also. These torts are going to need their own pantry! 😂

ecachuh

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sulphur, LA
@SinLA @zovick and everyone else on the forum, thank y'all for helping! We really really appreciate it. I was so much more lost before I came on this forum. We really are grateful for it and all of you!

zovick

10 Year Member!
@SinLA @zovick and everyone else on the forum, thank y'all for helping! We really really appreciate it. I was so much more lost before I came on this forum. We really are grateful for it and all of you!
I am glad to hear that everything has been worked out. Good luck with your new tortoise.