Need a womans advice ( again) others feel free to chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLSchmittou

5 Year Member
So... I will throw in my two cents. A gift is a great idea. A uber personal gift that you give realities on their kids first birthday, probably not a good idea. You should give something small that shows a token of appreciation... The quilt is very personal and thoughtful which is appropriate for a more intimate relationship, than what you've described.

Just my opinion. Take everyone's advice and ASK HER OUT already ;)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Dude! Women are unfigureoutable. Don't you know that by now? Sheesh...

FADE2BLACK_1973

5 Year Member
Kentucky
TurtleTortoise said:
Do something smaller first and slowly work up to it.

I agree. Im not a girl but I gave my wife gifts when we 1st started going out. Things like what she collected. Back then it was teddy bears. Ask her what she loves or collects. Then buy something small at 1st, like what TurtleTortoise mentioned.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Terry: If I've interpreted it correctly, its a quilt made from neck ties.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Tom said:

I like that - Im gonna tell my wife that as soon as she wakes up in the morning

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California

LOL....now, being a grown woman and all it has taken me all of my 44 years to say that my reply to Toms deep felt statement (along with his add of a new word to our language :p:p) is;

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT !!!!! LOL some days Tom, I just say "seriously? What the hell are you doing Angela"....LOL :D:D:D:D:D

Cap, you rock and if this chick does not get it then....well, her loss :D

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
You know Ive given this some serious thought and ive come up with perfect solution. Ive got a perfectly good wife you can have and Im serious shes great.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
If you are 99% sure, then you should ask her out first; coffee, etc.
However, if you just can't do that (I know many have advised you take that step, but it IS really hard), you need to do something. She already knows you are a really nice guy. So give her the gift. You need to make the leap!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
emysemys said:

LOL!!!! No, they are quilts that are made by cutting the edges of the pieces in strips and tying them together.

I have seen where people use neck ties to make a sunburst pattern in a quilt, but I am pretty sure we are talking about the fuzzy fleece kind here ;)

brightblkt_.jpg

quilt1LR.jpg

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
DJ....not only a jokester but a romantic too? ;)

your idea sounds superb...with alot of heart...nice~

"just do it"....( in my Nike voice)

JD~:)

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
bigred said:
Tom said:

I like that - Im gonna tell my wife that as soon as she wakes up in the morning

Ok so I told her as soon as she woke up, she laughed and said you have been on the tortoise forum already this am

Beeliz

5 Year Member
Montreal,Quebec
Oh,,totally go for it! That's so adorable,no one would pass that up, especially if he owns a turtle or two,,LOL
But sounds like a really nice,gentle approach ..I'm a yes!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
bigred said:
You know Ive given this some serious thought and ive come up with perfect solution. Ive got a perfectly good wife you can have and Im serious shes great.

If I recall correctl, didn't you say you were on number 3? Thoughts like this might explain that. :D

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
David, I'm curious if this is the same girl that you asked for advice about the last time? If you're 99% sure then why haven't you asked her out for coffee yet? I'm with Yvonne on the gift, I'd ask her out first.

M

Maggie Cummings

Kristina said:
emysemys said:

LOL!!!! No, they are quilts that are made by cutting the edges of the pieces in strips and tying them together.

I have seen where people use neck ties to make a sunburst pattern in a quilt, but I am pretty sure we are talking about the fuzzy fleece kind here ;)

brightblkt_.jpg

quilt1LR.jpg

My friends (yes, I actually have some) made me one of those with Dale Earnhardt pictures all over so I could put his face against mine...yummy!

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Jacqui said:
bigred said:

If I recall correctl, didn't you say you were on number 3? Thoughts like this might explain that. :D
Yes Im on number 3, and all this time Ive been thinking what a well adjusted member of society I am. Maybe it really is me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No cant be, must be that unfigureoutable thing lol My wife really is great I wouldnt give her away even if I really could: :D:D:D:D

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Candy said:
David, I'm curious if this is the same girl that you asked for advice about the last time? If you're 99% sure then why haven't you asked her out for coffee yet? I'm with Yvonne on the gift, I'd ask her out first.

this was my thought as well... that was some time ago too..
SO..... do tell.. what happened?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
maggie3fan said:
Kristina said:
emysemys said:

brightblkt_.jpg

quilt1LR.jpg

My friends (yes, I actually have some) made me one of those with Dale Earnhardt pictures all over so I could put his face against mine...yummy!

Wow! Very nice. I've never heard or seen them before. David, I'll go for coffee with you if you make one for me.

terryo said:
maggie3fan said:
Kristina said:
emysemys said:

brightblkt_.jpg

quilt1LR.jpg

Wow! Very nice. I've never heard or seen them before. David, I'll go for coffee with you if you make one for me.
I goggled tie quilt and got a bunch of pictures of quilts made with tie's.
http://search.aol.com/aol/image?pag...rchtabs&oreq=24b3c07fdfb04ec48b6b04dc52b90f8d

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Any news! We all want to know if you asked her out. Well?

Status
Not open for further replies.