NASCAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

Today's Nationwide race is rained out so I had to work on Bob's pen and my yard.:( That wasn't any fun. I am trying to make his pen escape proof, but he grew over the winter and now standing on his back feet he can see over the cinder blocks real well. His head and neck are over the top brick. That's 3 blocks high! He grew so tall. It's coming to the point where he needs the whole yard and I need to block off my flower beds and let him have it.

harris

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Both races are running today. Why do I have to do this thing called "go to work on Monday........"

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
there is a race on fox 11 right now.

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
dmmj said:
there is a race on fox 11 right now.

Thanks for the reminder! I just got home from work and had forgotten about it.

NASCAR needs to go back to the old points system and get rid of the stupid 'chase' at the end of the season. How many recent seasons have been ruined by the top ten drivers all getting shuffled back together for the last ten races? And then Jimmy Johnson--who is admittedly a good guy--just walks away and wins the championship. Boring...........

M

Maggie Cummings

I absolutely agree the chase system is boring. The champion should be the guy who won the most races...

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
maggie3fan said:
I absolutely agree the chase system is boring. The champion should be the guy who won the most races...

I like Jimmy Johnson OK and all, but he most likely would not have won the past two championships without the chase eliminating the points lead that Mark Martin had last year and then the year before when Jeff Gordon dominated the regular season. Jeff Gordon would have been the champion for sure in 2008 as he was way ahead in points prior to that stupid chase reshuffling.
The biggest problem that NASCAR has is that it can't admit when it made a mistake and go back and correct it.

Status
Not open for further replies.