My tortoise keeps trying to escape and wont eat! *Help Needed*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brie A.

I find that a little normal because my tortoise does that too. Have you been giving it different food? If not try picking some weeds (un-treated) from your lawn! If you have roses you can feed them that (just the petals and leaves) my tortoise loves kale, spinach, and spring mix. Try getting those for your tortoise. My tortoise won't eat a lot but that's ok they can go a long time without eating. Also if it's the winter they tend to sleep more for hibernation but still wake them up and feed it! That's all the info I can give to you right now! best of luck :p

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
I've got some old thread.
Bought it off a guy in Greece who said it was used by Theseus, once upon a time.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I find that a little normal because my tortoise does that too. Have you been giving it different food? If not try picking some weeds (un-treated) from your lawn! If you have roses you can feed them that (just the petals and leaves) my tortoise loves kale, spinach, and spring mix. Try getting those for your tortoise. My tortoise won't eat a lot but that's ok they can go a long time without eating. Also if it's the winter they tend to sleep more for hibernation but still wake them up and feed it! That's all the info I can give to you right now! best of luck :p

Hi @Brie A. - and welcome to the Forum. I would like to just state that once a tortoise has gone into hibernation (brumation) it's never good to offer them food. They need to keep their inner workings empty so the food doesn't rot inside. When they're cold, in brumation, the digestive tract doesn't work and if there were food in there, it would cause a big problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.