My Sergei's First Night Outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

eve walker

5 Year Member
I just put my little guy outside for the night by himself for the first time. He'll be ok, right? He has shelter, a hide spot, plenty of food to choose from, water, sunny and shady spots, and the enclosure is secure. Am I forgetting anything?

Laurie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga County, New York
He will be great! I remember the excitement/nervousness when I left my little guy outside overnight for the first time. He's going to be so happy!

eve walker

5 Year Member
Thanks, guys. You're making me feel better. I just feel like it's such.a.big.step for my baby! Lol

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
It is a big step!! It's going to be so awesome to go out there in the morning and see your tortoise....well being a tortoise!

eve walker

5 Year Member
Laurie said:
It is a big step!! It's going to be so awesome to go out there in the morning and see your tortoise....well being a tortoise!

:) I think he will be thrilled. When I put him out there, he got busy exploring right away, probably thinking, "oh yeah, this is the place that I love! Nice of her to put me back here..."

eve walker

5 Year Member
Laurie said:
How did Sergei make out?

Omg, I can't find him in his enclosure! I hope he's just hiding. I thought it was secure. I really don't want to be another Russian owner with a missing tort. :(

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
eve walker said:
Omg, I can't find him in his enclosure! I hope he's just hiding. I thought it was secure. I really don't want to be another Russian owner with a missing tort. :(

You can't find him?!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Ugh.... I hope your tort turns up! This is why I am going to have a major hard time ever letting my kid's stay out all night. And I dont know that I will ever let them stay out all night. Im to much of a worry wort! Plus I dont think Cooper would be happy staying out all night. He thinks he has to be able to watch me go to sleep before he goes to sleep. Plus my wife says he wakes up a lot during the night and just watch's me sleep then he will fall back asleep watching me sleep (my wife stay's up all night then goes to sleep when its about time for me to get up). Best of luck to you and keep us posted please!! :)

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
cemmons12 said:
Ugh.... I hope your tort turns up! This is why I am going to have a major hard time ever letting my kid's stay out all night. And I dont know that I will ever let them stay out all night. Im to much of a worry wort! Plus I dont think Cooper would be happy staying out all night. He thinks he has to be able to watch me go to sleep before he goes to sleep. Plus my wife says he wakes up a lot during the night and just watch's me sleep then he will fall back asleep watching me sleep (my wife stay's up all night then goes to sleep when its about time for me to get up). Best of luck to you and keep us posted please!! :)

Haha lol!

eve walker

5 Year Member
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
You can't find him?!

Just found him! The neighbor found him as he was mowing. We have about an acre, so we we're really fortunate. Sergei ia back inside for now...

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
eve walker said:
Just found him! The neighbor found him as he was mowing. We have about an acre, so we we're really fortunate. Sergei ia back inside for now...

Thank goodness!

Status
Not open for further replies.