My Russian Tortoise’s symptoms worsened after vet visit…

ErikaSierra

Location (City and/or State)
Tucson
I took my tortoise to the vet when I noticed he was showing symptoms of a respiratory infection (yawning frequently, retracting his head in and out). However, prior to his vet visit, he was active, walked with his shell and head high, and ate regularly. The vet said it was most likely a respiratory infection, but was more worried about him being weak and anemic due to the chemicals he could have been exposed to while he was imported to the states. The vet suggested 3 injections of antibiotics (fortaz) and my tortoise appeared to be better after the first injection. However, after his 3rd visit he seemed to be declining rather improving. Now he is very inactive, keeps his eyes closed, won’t eat on his own and doesn’t react as much to his shell being scratched as he used to. I’m not sure what to do… I know tortoises may take a longer time to recover as it takes them a long time to even show symptoms of sickness. I would appreciate any advice on how I should handle this situation :( thank you

Alex and the Redfoot

Location (City and/or State)
Cyprus
Hello!
Tortoises don't get sick without a reason - stress, wrong temperatures and so on. And they don't recover unless this reason is found and corrected.

Can you tell about his enclosure (size, substrate, heating and lightning)? What are temperatures in the enclosure (basking zone, cold part day/night)? What about humidity? If you have recently moved, how long ago it was?