my hibiscus plants blooming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
northern new york
hey i thought id share a couple pics of some of my hibiscus plants in my sulcata enclosure that are starting to bloom, my sullys love em. enjoy!
-joby

IMAG0245.jpg

IMAG0244.jpg

IMAG0246.jpg

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Looking good :) what is that in your window in the second pic? looks like the shell of a leo:p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's awfully pretty, Joby. I have a nice big one in my YF habitat and they won't eat it. But if I pick the flowers and give them to the Aldabs, they love them.

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
thanks everyone!! @ coreyc- yea its a hand puppet of leopard tortoise my girlfriend bought me. @ Yvonne- all of my tortoises love the flowers of the hibiscus's escpially my sulcatas. they eat them so fast and so does my big leopard. at the local nusery i got them from has a couple left i plan on pickin up since there half price now.

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
Looks great! Mine... started to bloom a while back... but I had to leave and missed the rest of the blooming... but I did catch one flower!
Hibiscus.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Those are hardy hibiscus...right? I have both the tropical and the hardy. I had to tie back the hardy one, as it was taking over the turtle garden. I take the tropical one in, in the Fall and then out again in the Spring. Your flowers are beautiful. Mine are red.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Mao Senpai said:
Looks great! Mine... started to bloom a while back... but I had to leave and missed the rest of the blooming... but I did catch one flower!

pretty flower. your little pots looks like mine with the cactus starts.

Just planted two hibiscus myself last weekend. Mine are red. I was hoping to get the "San Diego Red" but got something similar, but not quite as bright. Will have to cover them in the winter if/when the temps get to freezing but that is rare here.

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
terry- yeah those are hardy, they are super easy to take care they are the best my tortoises seem to really love them and cant get enough of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.