My Donatello Turns 2!

DreadHeadMomma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Anderson, IN
Mr. Donatello turned 2 on the 16th of this month. I haven't been on here since last year around this time (oops!), so I thought I would hop on here and update his growth over the past year.

2ccnnz9.jpg

swatsx

5 Year Member
What area of the globe do you live in? I'm in mi and want a sulcata but not 100% what to do with it in the winter in 5 years

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Happy birthday! Time to break out the strawberries

DreadHeadMomma

5 Year Member
Anderson, IN
swatsx said:
What area of the globe do you live in? I'm in mi and want a sulcata but not 100% what to do with it in the winter in 5 years

I'm actually in Indiana, so our winters aren't too much different. As of now, I'm planning a heated outdoor enclosure, but knowing me - I'm going to put off serious planning until he gets a bit bigger. My uncle has something similar outside for his pig and I'm thinking of taking some ideas from him. His pig stays nice and warm (when he's not sleeping inside at the foot of their bed.)

swatsx

5 Year Member
I think I might get one wanted one forever I can dedicate a park of the yard to him for winter just have to figure the heading part where did you get yours?

DreadHeadMomma

5 Year Member
Anderson, IN
swatsx said:
I think I might get one wanted one forever I can dedicate a park of the yard to him for winter just have to figure the heading part where did you get yours?

He ended up being a spontaneous Christmas present from my hubby a couple years ago. We went walking through the local pet store that carries quite a few reptiles and I just couldn't leave him there. He was in a tank with a water dragon and had no water (which is crazy since there was a water dragon in the tank with him). They gave me a 10 gallon tank and told me when he got big to drill a hole in his shell and hook him up to a chain in my back yard...Craziness.

If I were to actually plan on getting one, I would definitely find a breeder on here and get one from a good home.

swatsx

5 Year Member
I've looked at all the tortoises I can and still can't find one I like as much as a sulcata

swatsx

5 Year Member
lkwagner said:
swatsx said:
I've looked at all the tortoises I can and still can't find one I like as much as a sulcata

You know my email lol

Don't worrie I'll be contacting you for a lil guy!