My Blue Tongue Skink

Status
Not open for further replies.

natsamjosh

5 Year Member
Great animal! This is one of the few species of lizards that I think I would enjoy owning. (I like all reptiles, but most lizards are too much work for my lazy butt.)

Thanks for sharing,
Ed

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I have never heard a bad word about skinks myself, always words of how great a pet they are, I have never pulled the trigger on one yet.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
dmmj said:
I have never heard a bad word about skinks myself, always words of how great a pet they are, I have never pulled the trigger on one yet.

Good lord, man!!!
Why would you want to shoot one!?!

:D

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Congrats!!! What a beautiful little skink--looks like a Northern? Jealous! I once passed up the chance to get a juvie Northern BTS... Still regret it to this day. SUCH a beautiful animal.

Something tells me there's much better options out there than Pedigree dog food, though... Pedigree's kind of a nasty dog food brand all around... :p

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Floof said:
Congrats!!! What a beautiful little skink--looks like a Northern? Jealous! I once passed up the chance to get a juvie Northern BTS... Still regret it to this day. SUCH a beautiful animal.

Something tells me there's much better options out there than Pedigree dog food, though... Pedigree's kind of a nasty dog food brand all around... :p

Yes it is a Northern. Good eye. I forgot to mention that.

The Pedigree is actually recommended by Jeff and other top breeders that he knows. He explained to me that all the stuff ("garbage") that makes us think that its not the best for our dogs is the reason why its so good for an omnivorous scavenger. He said that the more "premium" brands don't produce results as good as the Pedigree. Food for thought...

Since I am brand spankin' new to the world of the BTS, I'm inclined to take the advice of the people who have been keeping and breeding them for years. Jeff even specified that the beef version seems to produce better results (more offspring and healthier animals) than the chicken type.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Hmm, that is an interesting way to look at it. :) It didn't occur to me that he may have tested higher quality options, either. Thanks for putting my mind at ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.