My 1 year old Sulcatas outside home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cfr200

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Springfield, Mo
Here are a few pictures of Fred and Ethel's outside home. They are both about 1. It is 10ft x 8ft and 3ft high. I need to give the grass inside a good cutting, we have had a lot of rain in the last few days and it has really taken off. I also used to have more hides inside but they were not used. They would rather hide under the Hosta plants or the Collard greens. Ethel's favorite hiding spot is wedging herself in the roots of the Fescue grass.

Front
SSCN0410.jpg

I used an old wire self my neighbor was getting rid of for the door.

Side view
SSCN0414.jpg

Fred
SSCN0413.jpg

One of the reasons it has to be secure Millie my puggle.
SSCN0411.jpg

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Thats a great pen and very safe :) Love the names!!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Fred looks great.

I love your pen. That is one of the best I've seen. Very nice job!

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
very nice enclosure, looks very safe and roomy. also the little pup. is a cute one. love puggles, lol

Cfr200

10 Year Member!
Springfield, Mo
Thanks, for the kind words it took a little work but nothing to hard. I just wish the weather was better, so they could spend more time outside. Our weather here has not been that good the last 2 weeks, lots of rain and in the low 60s. Today it was 80 and they got to go out all day. I tried to get a picture of Ethel but she was under her favorite clump of grass.

Millie is a good dog, but she is infatuated with the tortoises. She barks at them constantly and bites on the fencing trying to get at them. She is out of her mind, all I have to do is say Fred or Ethel and she goes running for their pen barking the whole way. On the plus side when I go to bring them in at night she does help me find them. All I have to do is look where she is barking. She finds them both in seconds where it sometimes takes me ten minutes without her.
This is her favorite place to sit in the house on top of my computer table looking at the tortoise table. I had to put up the fencing to keep her out of it. At least she does not bark too much at them inside.
DSCN0309.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.