Mold Problem - Advise needed

passwordstaco

Location (City and/or State)
Chicago
Hi All,

I recently built a large 10ft x 10ft tented enclosure for my torts and I am noticing some mold growing on the outside of their enclosures. Attached some photos for reference. I checked everyone inside the boxes and I do not see mold of any kind, I think it is because the lights and heat is directly on it but the outside is not.

Also, when building this out, I used silicon sealant for all the corners and poly'd the entire inside(thinking that was my problem, should have done the outside too) about 4 times.

20210724_125355.jpg
20210809_133438.jpg

Based on some of the older threads I searched, I think I need to remove all the wood right away. Thinking about just getting some plastic tubs so that this does not happen again but does anyone know where I could get plastic containers that large? For reference, the two larger ones are 8ft x 3ft and the smaller one is 4ft x 2ft.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
I would wait for an expert but can you use flex seal on it to help? I remember seeing a few threads on the forum about it being used with night boxes ECT.. set up looks really nice