Multiple Myeloma ,,,way off topic..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Anyone here know about it or had personal expereince with it? My dad was just diagnosed with it...I lost my mom 2 1/2 years ago to Brain Cancer.. Not ready to deal with this... :(

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Laura, So sorry to hear. I can't help you with any info, but will keep you in my thoughts!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Laura

I am really sorry. It must be very difficult for you, your father and your family. My thoughts will be with you.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thank you all for the kind words.. We will be finding out soon how 'bad' it is and what will need to be done to fight it.
He has reason to fight, but he hates to be sick and burden to others.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Laura, please keep us posted on your fathers condition. I hope you understand why I
PM'd you insead of posting publicly. Know we are all pulling for him and your whole family. Holding you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Dad got his results today. He does have this cancer. Stage 3. They are starting him on Pill form chemo, and injections once a month for his bones. He is 'happy' with this considering it could have been worse. They hope to keep it stable or knock it down a bit. No cure for this. People can live for years, but it can also turn ugly and go quickly... no way to know which it will be. Wait and see watch and HUGS!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Laura as bad as that sounds I am happy for you and your dad. As you said it could have been much worse. Keep the faith and give lots of HUGS and LOVE to each other daily.
Hugs to you.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Laura

I am ''happy'' for your dad (Happy because as you said it could have been much worst). As Robyn said '' keep the faith''. I am sure that God is watching over your dad.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi all, and thank you for all the nice thoughts and words!
well. dad has been doing the chemo for only two months.. the Dr is really pleased with the results. his 'numbers' are heading in the right direction for a second month.. and the Dr feels that they will be able to put him in remission.. no cure for this.. but they can stop the progression.. so.. that is GOOD news!!!!
he has lost a lot of weight tho.. not a recommended weight loss program.. so we hope to get the weight back on him.. he is 5 10 and now 138... he feels good tho. and he is eating.. so he will talk to a dietician to see what he needs to do..

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
I am glad to hear that he is doing well Laura. I am sure it has been tough on him but glad the doctors are positive. I am sure he will have no trouble putting some weight back on when he is done his treatments. Good News!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Good news Laura

I am really happy that the doctors are positive. I am sure the dietician will give him some sugestions to put some weight back.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
im glad to hear the doctors have a positive outlook. keep us posted on his progression. our thoughts are with you!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Laura That is great news. Once the chemo is stopped and with the help of the Dietician the weight will come back. (Big smiles :D and hugs to you both).

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
RE: Multiple Myeloma ,,,way off topic..Update

My dads numbers are still getting better.. he feels Much Better! Starting to get life back to normal and have interest in things again!! He admitted it was effecting him mentally more then he realized.. Depressed.
His weight is starting to come up as well. I wish I could donate some of mine to him!!!
Anyway.. thought I'd update.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
RE: Multiple Myeloma ,,,way off topic..Update

Good news Laura, I am really happy for you and your dad.
Thanks for the update.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
UPDATE!!!! Dad's protein levels are good and the Dr has taken him off Chemo!! :Dif his levels stay this way.. he will be in Remission.. Good news!! Of course, there is no cure:(, so we just have to sit back and wait, enjoy life and keep fingers crossed.
Happy Holidays everyone!!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
That is Great news Laura. I will keep the prayers coming your way for your dad to stay in Remission. Happy Happy news :)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Very good news Laura :). I am very happy your dad is doing better. I will keep you both in my thought. Thank you for the update.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good news, Laura. Happy Holidays to you and your family also.

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.