Mounting lights in a closed chamber

RussianTortsNF

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Buffalo, NY
I need to mount two CHE and a Basking light to the top of my closed chamber, best idea?

Should I use the domes? They will Be matter to the lids I lift up when I go into her enclosure.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I used the Home Depot domes in mine, but mine opens in the front. I don't think I'd want the domes banging around every time I lifted the lid.

RussianTortsNF

5 Year Member
Buffalo, NY
I used the Home Depot domes in mine, but mine opens in the front. I don't think I'd want the domes banging around every time I lifted the lid.

I’m kind of stuck now because the enclosure was done, plexiglass install when I decided to make it a closed chamber. My friend is building it for me so I don’t want to ask
Him to redo things. I’ve been trying to think of another solution and can’t come up with one yet.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Send in a pix or two of what it looks like. I'm sure you will get some creative ideas from many forum members. The best part of the Forum, being stumped by an issue, but receiving lots of good help to resolve it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I’m kind of stuck now because the enclosure was done, plexiglass install when I decided to make it a closed chamber. My friend is building it for me so I don’t want to ask
Him to redo things. I’ve been trying to think of another solution and can’t come up with one yet.

If you know anyone, like maybe your friend who is doing the build, that has any electrical knowledge, perhaps they could mount a couple of stationary ceramic based fixtures to the inside of the lid for you? Like these:
https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/6...MIkp_GtO221wIVw4SzCh2otwBdEAQYASABEgJrG_D_BwE

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Run two 1x4's across the opening maybe 1/4 way in on each side, front to back that are attached to the front and back at the top, leaving the top to open. Mount your lights to the 1x4's. They will stay in place as you open the top and you will have plenty of room to reach around the lights.

Reactions: Tom

RussianTortsNF

5 Year Member
Buffalo, NY
Run two 1x4's across the opening maybe 1/4 way in on each side, front to back that are attached to the front and back at the top, leaving the top to open. Mount your lights to the 1x4's. They will stay in place as you open the top and you will have plenty of room to reach around the lights.

Thank you. I’m going to past this to my friend now!

RussianTortsNF

5 Year Member
Buffalo, NY

Okay I’m sorry if I sound dumb, but would I hang the domes from the boards? Otherwise, they would need to be wired correct?