moss

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoke_kush

5 Year Member
there is some sort of moss growing on my grass that i am growing inside. i don't know what it is but every time i water it, the stupid moss just comes back. what is it and should i be worried?

jorrow

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alabama
Sounds more like mold to me.... Do u have good air circulation???

jorrow

5 Year Member
Alabama
Im new at all of this to but i was using that spunagum moss stuff and i had very poor ventilation and i kept seeing some mold growth around some of the plants i had in his enclosure.... So i swapped to cypress mulch, offset the lid of his enclosure a little to leave a gap, left my ceiling fan running on low during the day and havent had a mold problem since. It was my guess it was from stale air and wet soil. As far as it being harmfull I dont know and being new i could be wrong about it all. But thats my 2 cents :D Im sure some some other members will have more insight than i.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
If it is moss (it would be green as moss is a plant with chloraphyl), would be harmless. A good grade of sphagrum moss is too acid to support a mold.

smoke_kush

5 Year Member
it's mold...jorrow is correct. it grows around my plants. i guess i need better air circulation.....where to get a tiny fan...

jorrow

5 Year Member
Alabama
yay i got somthing right lol...... Im not sure man it needs to be very small though i would think so it doesnt dry things out to much..... maybe if u could find a junk computer u could take out one of the small fans in it and wire it up

Status
Not open for further replies.