Morla, Sochelys & Onemys

TampaERDoc

Hello-

I would like to introduce myself as well as two Aldabrachelys tortoises - Morla (SP-32, bottom row) and Sochelys (SP-33, top), as well as Onemys, a wonderful Russian Tortoise (Agrionemys). The two Aldabras are approximately 11 months old. Sochelys is the outgoing extrovert and Morla is the shy, quiet, reserved introvert.
13002486_10207063480039394_5546390302863436807_o.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Beauties, every one!

I wish I had the "humidity" info when my two Aldabran tortoises were babies. They are now about 250lbs or so and are quite bumpy. It's not too late to nip that pyramiding in the bud on your two. Give them more humidity. More moist substrate, etc.

TampaERDoc

I live in Florida- plenty of humidity all the time. Average humidity here is higher than their native Seychelles! But, yes, I agree - going to ramp it up in their enclosure even higher during active growth phase.

Yvonne- how old are your Aldabras now?

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I live in Florida- plenty of humidity all the time. Average humidity here is higher than their native Seychelles! But, yes, I agree - going to ramp it up in their enclosure even higher during active growth phase.

Yvonne- how old are your Aldabras now?

Sixteen years. They hatched in 2000, so it's easy to remember their age.

TampaERDoc

Yvonne- what % humidity do you feel the Aldabras should be kept at to keep pyramiding down? I have a hygrometer and mister and fogger. Are Bo and So your Aldabras (dug around the forum a bit)

TampaERDoc

Ah, forgot about Onemys in the photos above. Here is my Russian.

Attachments

• IMG_0322 (2).jpg
    IMG_0322 (2).jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9