More Three Toe Hibernation Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodsmeagol

5 Year Member
Hello all
I have 2 Three Toes
I got them just as, well I thought they were coming out of hibernation.
The male has been up for like a month now, and the female only pokes her head up now and then, she has come out a few times, where I gave her some worms. I put her in the big water bowl where she sat around for a few hours soaking up lots of water then back to putting her self 6" under.
I have pulled her out twice and given her a good bath for 20-30 minutes where she drank lots, but always back to sleep.
I am trying to be patient...Should I just wait? Is this just how some are?
The male eats tons of a lot of foods, basks, hides, plays with food, digs holes, takes baths, runs around...
Temp hot 90 bask 85 ambient, 70-75 ambient cold
Thanks

goodsmeagol

5 Year Member
kimber_lee_314 said:
Do you have them outside? What area do you live in?
They are inside in a 6x2 enclosure
With a mostly coir substrate with some bark chips and spag moss to keep it fluffy.

goodsmeagol

5 Year Member
terryo said:
You hibernated them inside?

I bought them a month and a half ago, but the man I bought them from had them hibernated inside. I am in Canada.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
I'm assuming their inside right now then. I would try increasing the temperature a little. I usually keep my basking spot at 95. My boxies are all still a little sluggish - they're outside though. Are you leaving the light on 12-14 hours a day to simulate summertime?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
I never fed my boxies unless they were out from hibernating for at least a week. Sometimes the weather gets cold here and then they'll go under again for a week or more.
My RES are doing the same thing now. They will come up for a little bit...go in the water and then dig under again. I would just wait and see what happenes for a week. Most boxies that are outside are doing the same thing that yours are doing.

goodsmeagol

5 Year Member
kimber_lee_314 said:
I'm assuming their inside right now then. I would try increasing the temperature a little. I usually keep my basking spot at 95. My boxies are all still a little sluggish - they're outside though. Are you leaving the light on 12-14 hours a day to simulate summertime?

Yes they are on a 13.5hr day.
I will bump the temp up a few more degrees, and they are under a MVB bulb.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.