Three Toe Dry Skin

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodsmeagol

5 Year Member
My three toe turt seems to have a little dry skin around her neck.
Is this normal? Or is my humidity to low? Or what do I need to change?

I believe I need to get a humidifier, is this the right course?
Cheers

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
It's probably normal shedding. Mine get that way around the neck in the spring time - especially my Russians. Do you have a picture you can post?

goodsmeagol

5 Year Member
kimber_lee_314 said:
It's probably normal shedding. Mine get that way around the neck in the spring time - especially my Russians. Do you have a picture you can post?

I just gave him(i said her earlier) a bath, and now he is nice and wet, so a picture would not capture what it was, it did look like a bit of shedding.
All I have is this photo I have from a few weeks ago.
P3160016.jpg

My Russians water bowl dries up pretty fast, so I think I am going to get a humidifier just the same, I think it could be a little more humid, right now somewhere around 30-40%.
I wanna bump it to about 50? Or hold a solid 40%? This is general ambient, the Three Toe I keep pretty moist(not dripping).
Ahh I will just re-read care sheets and figure it out, but any direct advice is great.

M

Maggie Cummings

He's beautiful. I'm thinking it's normal shedding. I have several tortoises in different habitats who are shedding and my male 3 toed has skin hanging off as well...I'm thinking it's normal this time of year...

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
He is gorgeous! It won't hurt to bump up the humidity to 50%.

Status
Not open for further replies.