Monkey grass

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
Yes it is. they will not eat it. I have Monkey and Purple grass in with mine. My purple grass is about 3 feet tall and my monkey grass is about 2 feet now. They hide in it all the time and it looks good too! Also try spider plants and sweet potato. Although, they will eat sweet potato vines to a nub so it gets expensive to plant. I put mine in a hanging basket so they can only eat what grows down into the garden.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/baby-pics.95775/#post-891699 The pictures in the middle are of my Russian garden. There is currently one male, one female and one who doesn't know what s/he is though I am leaning towards male. They have plenty of cover, sight line breaks and different hides so I never have had any issues beyond the neighbor kids stealing my other female. In fact, they have all chosen to build burrows under the same sage bush. The sgae bush, by the way, is benefiting from the fertilizer they provide and is growing twice as fast and flowering much more than the one on the other side of the garden, lol. Those purple grass plants were half dead on the discount rack at Lowes back in April.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Looks great! I love that you have him outside. Russians really need to be outdoors. How long have you had him/her?

Sheldon the russian tortoise

5 Year Member
I've had him a year he is in a baby pool for now im 12 so i dont have much money around Christmas when I get some money I'll make an actual outdoor enclosure he also has and indoor enlosure for when it rains lots in southern louisiana

David

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
I saw them at Lowes and Home Depot but I go to a plant nursery for them. They are usually in the hanging basket area. It is two toned green grass like plant and they propagate by sending of shoot plants out on little vines. They get big quick and are great to hang around the enclosure to offer shade. I will be getting mine this weekend if I can find them on sale somewhere.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
I've had him a year he is in a baby pool for now im 12 so i dont have much money around Christmas when I get some money I'll make an actual outdoor enclosure he also has and indoor enlosure for when it rains lots in southern louisiana

David
What you have looks great! Just make sure he has plenty of shade, a place to get cool and enough dirt to dig under. About three times his height.