Pet monkey

georgeandbessy

That must be a UK policy. Santa brought my daughter a kitten for Christmas three years ago. I really really wish "Santa" had consulted me first...
Well farther Christmas once delivered my step mum a tarantula on Christmas morning. I think my brother must have tampered with her list:D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
You have the best job ever!!!!

Thank you. Its pretty nice most of the time.

Today my dog got to tear up and drag a couch around a room… with an actor sitting on the couch trying to watch TV. Now THAT was fun! Here is a pic of him working yesterday in a wrestling ring:
IMG_1612.JPG
This was a close up shot of his snarly barking.

georgeandbessy

Today my dog got to tear up and drag a couch around a room… with an actor sitting on the couch trying to watch TV. Now THAT was fun! Here is a pic of him working yesterday in a wrestling ring:
View attachment 183056
How do you do that my dog won't even sit :D

Yelloweyed

5 Year Member
SoCal California
My family had two gibbons when I was growing up. They were novel pets but major maintenance - diapers when inside, huge aviary-like enclosures and they were so strong they broke household items all the time. When they outgrew their enclosures, one was sent to the local zoo and the other one went to an animal reserve in northern Thailand.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My family had two gibbons when I was growing up. They were novel pets but major maintenance - diapers when inside, huge aviary-like enclosures and they were so strong they broke household items all the time. When they outgrew their enclosures, one was sent to the local zoo and the other one went to an animal reserve in northern Thailand.

I love the gibbons. I've worked with a couple and they were both fantastic.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA

View attachment 183056

OMG!!! That is HILARIOUS!!!! :) I may have to go see that movie just to see that scene!!! :p

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Monkeys require much dedication. I've had pet monkeys, worked with a large range of primates in zoo settings and also in BioPharma settings. I really like them, but the dedication is not even so much $$, but time, they are very social animals and like to have alot of time with you or other monkeys, or other pets.

Monkeys are better than most people at sorting out if they can play with you emotionally as well, and they will. If they believe you have lied to them with actions (not words of course) they will not trust you for life.

Then there is the whole disease thing. There is primate herpes, that they can live with but will kill you. They can get TB easily and share that with you.

Much of the reason they are highly regulated came from the CDC, WC monkeys carry many things we do know about and want to avoid as well as what we have not figured out yet.

Maybe the person with the interest can volunteer at a local zoo, and get their fix that way.

Just think of the highest maintenance person you know, multiply that by ten, then double it, not you have a pet monkey.