Missing Tort!! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I live in the Phoenix area, and I keep all of my tortoises outside full-time. This time of year, he will be fine. You don't need to worry about him cooking or freezing.

My tortoises (leopards and stars) are active from about 7-9 am, and then again from 4-6 pm. Sometimes I absolutely can not find my leopards which have a huge area to roam. Even the 14" female seems to "vanish" at times. If I don't see one of them for a day or two, I make a point to walk around outside during one of the two "active" times, and I will almost always see all of them within a day or two. They just happily graze in the yard during those times. If you have grass, you should be able to catch your little guy enjoyng it during those times.

Xander

5 Year Member
FOUND HIM!! He was just walking around when i went in the back yard. Thank you all so much for your help and encouragement! So happy he is home!

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I also have a sulcata, a juvenile. I let her roam the yard. She walks the yard around 7-8 am so that's when I would be out watching. Yours is probably snuggled under a bush or something. Good luck. Let us know when you find your little one

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Xander said:
FOUND HIM!! He was just walking around when i went in the back yard. Thank you all so much for your help and encouragement! So happy he is home!

WONDERFUL NEWS!! Must be surprised to see him wandering around.

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
I am so glad you found the little bugger. These little ones scare the living daylights out of us, don't they. I am happy it was safe and sound. :)

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Xander said:

So happy for you! :D

Xander

5 Year Member
It was a very scarry 24 hrs. Now i am trying to figure out somekind of tracking device for him. lol. Again thanks for the great ideas and support.

Arnold_rules

5 Year Member
Gilbert, AZ
Xander said:
It was a very scarry 24 hrs. Now i am trying to figure out somekind of tracking device for him. lol. Again thanks for the great ideas and support.

I giant bicycle flag suction cupped to the shell.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
YAAAA, he's home. Probably just playing hide and seek. Guess what, you aren't good at it:p:D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Xander said:

I'm really happy you found him :)

Let us know what you do for tracking him... I've often thought a GPS chip would be useful for finding Joe when he digs in :D

jpmcclure

5 Year Member
Modesto (Northern) California
I stole this pic from kenazfehu. I thought of you immediately. Pretty inventive yet practical. :)

image-1413306687.png

It's called "tortoise location device". Very clever. Lol

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
jpmcclure said:
I stole this pic from kenazfehu. I thought of you immediately. Pretty inventive yet practical. :)

I was thinking of the same pic lol ;) great minds think alike

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
jpmcclure said:

View attachment 26586

Hahaha, my Grandmother used to tie a rope around her pop bellies tummy and at the end of this length of rope was a brick, well around her acreage she had a bit of a dip and this system of hers would keep him from being able to walk off the property, we would hear him yelling and know he was P.O'ed about being stuck somewhere :p This picture reminded me of that!

Status
Not open for further replies.