Mini greenhouse as a closed chamber

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
How cool and interesting....Thank you for sharing it.

Yes...."Beware of the Tortoise"

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Texas
Right now, I have humidity levels around 60% with a low temperature of 78 degrees Fahrenheit and a high temperature of 82. I have two more CHEs on order. I may not need both, and I'm increasing the amount of time my misting system runs. I'll see how that affects things. I have some more plants to put inside and have wheat grass seeds on order.

All that and I've added a "Beware of the Tortoise" sign.
I switched my two heat lamps so that the CHE was closer to the center and not so close to the greenhouse wall. The low temp is now 80 degrees Fahrenheit, the high side 91, and the humidity at 55%. I guess I don't need two new CHEs right now, but I imagine you can't have too many spare bulbs. Maybe one CHE hooked up to the dimmer switch. I'll find out how the extra misting works tomorrow.

alysciaingram

5 Year Member
Florida
My two greenhouses came in today, with my bracket lights. Thanks for the inspiration!

alysciaingram

5 Year Member
Florida
Thanks for the heads up! My outdoor enclosures just got finished today so I'll be building those tomorrow!

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Texas
I put in some more plants and heating/lighting.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
I've put baby's name up. His/her name is going to be "Rowan," which is Gaelic for "little redhead." I think that's perfect for a baby cherryhead.
image.jpg image.jpg
The basking spot is still too hot, around 104 degrees Fahrenheit. So I've ordered a dimmer switch. My humidity is still too low (60-70% depending on how close to the ground it is). My additional coco noir still hasn't arrived. I've upped my misting times again. I'll see how much that helps later today.