Michigan? Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utica. MI
So, here I am sitting trying to explain something I find really awesome about tortoises to my husband, but nobody i know even cares enough to hold a conversation with me, they think im weird etc. they just dont care..

animals are a passion of mine, especially my tortoise. I gotta find somebody who WANTS to talk about this stuff with me, to learn from each other, and actually engage in conversation.. not just change the subject.

anybody? =\ im feeling pretty alone right now.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sorry about that. My family isn't really all about them either. You always have everyone here. So go for it or pm me if you want.

gregcalverley0327

10 Year Member!
I'm from Michigan as well, not alot of people around me with tortoises that I know of

0.3.0 sulcata tortoise
(Manavi, aspen, Bronx)
1.0.0 Russian tortoise
(Ivan)
1 Great Dane
(Koko)

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Utica. MI
N3rdchik thank you! I plan to meet with you for sure, and im overly excited bout it haha
And greg, where are you from? Im bout 20 miles from detroit. North of it

gregcalverley0327

10 Year Member!
I'm about 20 minutes west if Grand Rapids right on the lake

0.3.0 sulcata tortoise
(Manavi, aspen, Bronx)
1.0.0 Russian tortoise
(Ivan)
1 Great Dane
(Koko)

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Utica. MI
Oh very cool, i bet its beautiful there! Im about 20 min from lake st clair. I used to live in grandrapids too. What kindof torts do you have?

gregcalverley0327

10 Year Member!
I have three sulcatas and one Russian, te Russian was a rescue.

0.3.0 sulcata tortoise
(Manavi, aspen, Bronx)
1.0.0 Russian tortoise
(Ivan)
1 Great Dane
(Koko)

n3rdchik

5 Year Member
Michigan
I foresee a meetup! I was bemoaning the fact that we don't have anything like the CTTC here in another thread. Maybe we can start the MTEAPS (Michigan Tortoise Enthusist and Anti-Pyramiding Society) or maybe just call it the cult of Tom ;). Lol

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
n3rdchik said:
I foresee a meetup! I was bemoaning the fact that we don't have anything like the CTTC here in another thread. Maybe we can start the MTEAPS (Michigan Tortoise Enthusist and Anti-Pyramiding Society) or maybe just call it the cult of Tom ;). Lol

I want to join that one. I'm from Michigan but live in Chicago now, does that still count:D

gregcalverley0327

10 Year Member!
That would be awesome !

0.3.0 sulcata tortoise
(Manavi, aspen, Bronx)
1.0.0 Russian tortoise
(Ivan)
1 Great Dane
(Koko)

lkwagner

5 Year Member
I'm from Michigan too :) and have 3 sulcatas! Crazy I know lol

Lake Orion if you know where that is, by the palace

[email protected]

5 Year Member
I'm by in Macomb. I don't have any torts because my family won't let me right now(I'm 14) and they don't really like my 2 water turtles, hamster, hedgehog and 2 fish tanks in my room either. Only one in my family that likes animals and understands me is my cousin, Lkwagner, right above my reply lol

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Utica. MI
lkwagner said:

i konw where lake orion is, we have family up there.. and you have about as many animals as i did when i was 14 but i got rid of all of those and got my tort, only way my family would let me get one, you should think about doing that too! at one time, i had 12 water turtles, 2 torts hamster, hedgehog, guine pig, 3 cats and a dog, and 4 bearded dragons.

we definitely had to minimize our household if i wanted to get a tort, so we did, we gave everybody to a great loving home, and i got my lil tort =]

[email protected]

5 Year Member
IRTehDuckie said:
lkwagner said:

i konw where lake orion is, we have family up there.. and you have about as many animals as i did when i was 14 but i got rid of all of those and got my tort, only way my family would let me get one, you should think about doing that too! at one time, i had 12 water turtles, 2 torts hamster, hedgehog, guine pig, 3 cats and a dog, and 4 bearded dragons.

we definitely had to minimize our household if i wanted to get a tort, so we did, we gave everybody to a great loving home, and i got my lil tort =]

I don't want to get rid of them but I'll probably just wait till they all die and then get a tort lol

Status
Not open for further replies.