attention Filipino members I need some help please

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
okay so long story short I have a girlfriend in the Philippines we've been long distance dating for 2 years. I lost contact with her about a week ago there was a big fire in paranaque where she lives. I'm very worried. if anybody in the Philippines lives in paranaque or knows people from there who can help me find out if she's ok I just want to know if she's OK nothing more nothing less. I already contacted the Red Cross but it may take a couple of days or more for them to get back to me. I would appreciate anyone who can help me find out if she's okay thank you for your time I would prefer to have the most of this by private conversation

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Best wishes, I'll see if my contacts in that part of the world can do anything to help

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I hope you hear some good news soon. *hugs*

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Any word?
I'm worried sick. no one here apparently can help the Red Cross take 7 to 10 days if I'm lucky they'll even do it. I feel so lost and alone

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am so sorry your going through this David. I keep thinking about you and sending positive thoughts.

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
I'm sorry! stay positive! things are hectic there now, i'm sure. she may be fine but occupied, and her resources could be limited at the moment.
I'll keep her in my prayers!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
If she lived in the condos or apartments that burned maybe she can't get to the Internet.
I really hope you hear from her soon!

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Sorry to hear this! One of my close friends wife is from the Philippines. They met online 4 years ago. She just got her green card last week and is doing her driving test at the end of this month. I will ask her if she's heard anything about her area. As tough as it is keep the negative thoughts at bay!

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
this is my wonderful and beautiful Rosielle. I truly love her with all my heart and she's the only one I want. It's been at least 5 days maybe six it's hard to tell I can't remember the last time that we talked . I'm posting here because I don't know what else to do and I'm scared & worried. Deep down I'm pretty sure she's okay but bad things happen to good people all the time. I've contacted about a dozen or so of her friends no response whatsoever still waiting on the Red Cross. I'll talk to a few people I know but no luck so far. I don't know what to do I have Never Felt This helpless before in my life. I just don't know what to do

13329662_1100539043335780_749363813_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Fredkas

5 Year Member
I can't help anything. All i can do is helping with pray.
Keep faith. Everything should be ok. Keep us updated ok?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Keep positive David. I am sure everything is a big mess there right now and she is as upset as you, at not being able to let you know she is ok.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Hang in there and try to arm yourself in lots of patience but I know for someone living in the US where everything is instantly gratified, waiting is the hardest thing. I just want to say that there are many places in the world where waiting is just part of existence, no instant communication, especially in the areas of natural disaster. Those places operate in survival, rescue and recovery mode before they can get to where they spend time and resources on reestablishing communication.
I remember having to wait for a letter from my Mom for 10-14 days (air mail!!!) and phone calls only once per month that cost as much or more than my monthly salary in Poland...
So, PATIENCE MY FRIEND!!! Focus your energy on thinking good positive thoughts, prayer, meditation of your loved one. This often is what gets people through worst hardships even oceans away.
And I'm adding my good thoughts to yours, and so do many others... There is a great, indescribable power to it

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
all right people I finally heard back from the love of my life. She's fine she lost power for a whileor her FB passworc was compromise and she had to get a new 1 plus her favorite uncle died ( hit double hard since I am also on dialysis) from kidney failure so she was a little depressed for a couple days. But she's fine now I'm happy beyond words to hear from her.

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Yess!! Not all good but at least not all bad.
Sorry for the lost. And i am happy to hear that you don't lose her. Thanks god!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
all right people I finally heard back from the love of my life. She's fine she lost power for a whileor her FB passworc was compromise and she had to get a new 1 plus her favorite uncle died ( hit double hard since I am also on dialysis) from kidney failure so she was a little depressed for a couple days. But she's fine now I'm happy beyond words to hear from her.
Great news that she's O.K.

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio

Awesome, glad she is ok! Maybe its time to keep track of her in the states....wink, wink:)

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I'm glad to hear you got the relief in a news you were waiting for. And I'm sorry to hear about death in your Girlfriend's family. I had no idea that you had ESRD (not that it matters in any way for what we do here on TFO) but just wanted to say how much admiration and respect I have for people who commit to dialysis either 3x per week , or every night, or every couple of hrs day in and day out... Regardless of whether on transplant list, or dialysis is the final destination, having met every single person with ESRD has left me in the awe. You guys are the people of monumental spiritual strength and I just completely and totally admire that about all of you. Apologies for sidetracking your thread, and again, I'm really happy you got reconnected with your Love:)