Mervin And Mabel Sulcata Growth [Picture Heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Hey, how's everyone doing on Tortoise Forum? :D

I recently purchased two hatchling Sulcata's from Lancecham, on December 4, 2012, it's been 14 days since Mervin and Mabel arrived. This is my second update since December 7, 2012, which you can see on my other thread located on the "Sulcata" topic. Here's a link for anyone who's interested in checking it out. http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-60628.html

I don't know how old they exactly are, but I'll just go with "two weeks" since I've had them. It's been exactly one week since the first update and there's already visible progress as you'll see. Let's get started...

Mervin And Mabel's arrival (December 4, 2012)

photo5fa.jpg

photo4fx.jpg

Mervin And Mabel soaking (December 6, 2012)

photo1ykg.jpg

Mervin And Mabel soaking (TODAY December 18, 2012)

photo1ic.jpg

When I weighed the both of them on December 7, 2012, they both weighed exactly the same, 49 grams. Exactly one week later today, I became impatient ;) and decided to see if they both had grown. Here are pictures of them separately.

Mervin "Troublemaker", is now 51 grams one week after it's first weigh in and continues to grow smooth.

photo1lo.jpg

photo2dbu.jpg

photo3de.jpg

photo4ys.jpg

photo5ei.jpg

Mabel "Peacemaker", is now 52 grams one week after it's first weigh in and also continues to grow smooth.

photo1gqv.jpg

photo2cyt.jpg

photo3qzi.jpg

photo4tbl.jpg

photo5pn.jpg

What I've been noticing is that Mabel spends more time in the humid hide other than Mervin, which I believe is the reason it's growing just a tad bit faster than Mervin. Of course, these have already been proven theories. As you can see Mabel's growth rings are becoming more visible in comparison of the previous pictures.

Here's a bonus picture of the enclosure they are currently living in.

photo2ixf.jpg

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Very cute babies...if you click the threads under my signature there is some good reading on raising sulcatas..

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
mainey34 said:
Very cute babies...if you click the threads under my signature there is some good reading on raising sulcatas..

Thank you! :D I've read those already, but I appreciate the suggestion.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
beautiful babies! Smooth shells. Keep us posted on their progress

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I love looking at the baby pictures. Your's look great! Its so hard to believe Cooper was that size in Feb. of 2011. He is now about 22 lbs and 16 inch's long at 22 months old. He is a growing machine!! :p

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
cemmons12 said:
I love looking at the baby pictures. Your's look great! Its so hard to believe Cooper was that size in Feb. of 2011. He is now about 22 lbs and 16 inch's long at 22 months old. He is a growing machine!! :p

Thank you! 16 inches long in 22 months? Wow, I've never heard of such growth in that amount of time, I'm impressed.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Thanks! I am impressed too, but I am afraid one day soon he may eat me in my sleep at this rate! LOL! :p When he is laying on the floor with me and I am asleep, he will wake up and get right next to my face and rub his head on my face while I am sleeping to wake me up I guess, then he will go back to sleep with his head on my face, he is such a character! Im glad I give him a bath every night so he isnt rub'n left over food on my face. hehe!
SulcataDud3 said:
cemmons12 said:

Thank you! 16 inches long in 22 months? Wow, I've never heard of such growth in that amount of time, I'm impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.