Merry Christmas, Emrys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Leyland, UK
For Christmas this year, Emrys was getting an 'expansion'.

His new enclosure arrived today, and it took much longer to build than we'd planned, but he seems very happy. Figured there was no harm in him having his gift almost a month early...

This is the size before:

465333_10150795181610746_1135983807_o.jpg

Most recently, it looked like the image above but with just soil and no grass. The grass was a failed experiment a few months ago.

Now, it's this:

14slk48.jpg

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Grass lasts about a day...

He also had his own greenhouse for a while. I was growing various plants in there. One day, when I was out, he managed to lift the lid of the greenhouse, drag it all the way to the other end of his table, climb into the greenhouse tray and eat every last leaf. There was NOTHING left. He can't be trusted with anything that grows.

Sezdawg

5 Year Member
cherylim said:

He also had his own greenhouse for a while. I was growing various plants in there. One day, when I was out, he managed to lift the lid of the greenhouse, drag it all the way to the other end of his table, climb into the greenhouse tray and eat every last leaf. There was NOTHING left. He can't be trusted with anything that grows.

Rofl!!!

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
cherylim said:

I know just what you mean Tyrone, did the same thing to a baby spider plant I put on top of his hide thinking he wouldn't be able to get at it. Boy, was I wrong, that stinker climbed up there some how and I came home to find it pulled out of the pot and on the other side of his enclosure with nothing left but a small nub!

I put the nub in water and it rooted and now I have it growing in the window sill in some soil.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
LMAO, So you all are saying that when I get my tortoise I shouldn't try and plant anything in his/her enclosure?

That is a great set up you have!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Spn785 said:
LMAO, So you all are saying that when I get my tortoise I shouldn't try and plant anything in his/her enclosure?

That is a great set up you have!

Thanks. We're saying you can try, but don't expect your tortoise to fully appreciate your efforts. :p

Vegasarah' said:
Is that a teeny tiny little soccer balll? LOL!

It is indeed. That was his gift LAST Christmas from my fiance. :p

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
I must be lucky, but Carl isn't too interested in plants in the dirt... maybe he's just spoiled but he usually only eats stuff if it is coming out of my hand or sitting on his food dish :p

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
That's how Rosie was until I fed her too late... Annnd she tore down the wandering Jew vines and left a huge poo right on the leaves she didn't eat.

Well, someone's a critic...

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
At first it didn't look like much of a difference but someone said he looked a lot smaller in the new one do I looked again and wow nice big happy difference!!!!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
animalfreak said:
At first it didn't look like much of a difference but someone said he looked a lot smaller in the new one do I looked again and wow nice big happy difference!!!!

It's double the size of his first enclosure. I still think it looks small in the picture! :p

I'd been planning for a year to add a second storey to his existing enclosure to give him the same amount of space without such an impact on the floor space, but I don't have the skills and creativity so I just let him have half of my office. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.