mercury vapor bulb

phebe121

I went and got a mercury vapor bulb and i have leopards i cant seam yo get it at the right hight at 18 inch up its at 107 in the basking so i moved it up just a little and its at 94 how do i get tbis right

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You might have bought too high a watt bulb for the size of your enclosure.

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
I probably would have left it at the first one 107 for a basking spot is doable. I think most care sheets quote a basking spot between 95-105.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Split the difference. Or you can probably leave it where it is now.

94 is adequate. What does the basking area temp climb to at the end of the day?

phebe121

Well i should have a basking temp of 95 to 98 its at 94 i dont want them to get sick If it not warm enough for them.it is a 160 watt the enclosure is 4 foot by 3 and a half foot im in the processes of making a tort table.im not sure what it get to at the end of the day i just got it a few hrs ago.sorry about the grammer my phone likes to put whatever sometimes.

Michael Twohy

5 Year Member
Roseville, Minnesota
Well i should have a basking temp of 95 to 98 its at 94 i dont want them to get sick If it not warm enough for them.it is a 160 watt the enclosure is 4 foot by 3 and a half foot im in the processes of making a tort table.im not sure what it get to at the end of the day i just got it a few hrs ago.sorry about the grammer my phone likes to put whatever sometimes.
i would just lower the light a bit. its fine :)